Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HAPPY 28TH BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY! Our beautiful wife and mommy celebrated her birthday today. We had a very nice evening tonight. I unfortunately had to work today which left Amy home to celebrate the day with the girls. Brooklyn decided to not sleep well today which made for a small battle of wills between mother and daughter. London gave Amy a great gift of 12 hours of sleep last night and then a 4 hour nap later on. Tonight we went out to dinner and then had cake and ice cream back at our apartment. We had a couple of the other interns from FedEx who we're friends with over for our little party. We played a few games of Rummikub and I think I set a new record for winning. My first turn I was able to get rid of 9 tiles. My next turn I got rid of the remaining 5. It was the best game ever!!! Enough about me though. Amy, we love you so much and are so grateful for all you do for our little family. Thank you for marrying me five years ago and making every day the best day of my life. I feel so blessed to have you in my life. We have two beautiful girls who love you and look up to you in so many ways. I love the relationship that you have with them and am so glad that they will grow up with you as their example. I love you Amy.



Below is an e-mail message my sister Julie sent out for Amy. Thought it was worth posting:

Happy, Happy Birthday to Mrs. Amy Baker today - master of beating Steve in UNO, Miss Robinson, Red Fanatic, super mommy of Brooklyn and chubba-chubba London, fabulous sister to many, volleyball and tennis player, London study abroad participant, fun and happy person to be around, elementary school teacher....and last but certainly not least...Arkansas hick!

4 comments:

Kallan said...

Happy Birthday one day late! We hope you guys are having fun in Arkansas. We enjoy the updates on your blog. Take care!

Natalie said...

Amy-Happy Birthday yesterday! Your blog is so cute. I have been trying to get one going too. Check it out and let me know what you think. Hope your are enjoying your Arkansas Summer!

Hcatt and Jdogg said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I love looking at your blog.

McEwen Family said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!! I hope you had a great great day! You deserve it!