Monday, June 9, 2008

Girls Night Out

I had the fun opportunity to go out with the other intern girls for a fun concert. Steve said he could handle the girls, so I ran with that. We drove to Fayetteville to see Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban in the Wal-Mart share holders concert. Words can't even explain how much fun we had. It was a blast! Carrie Underwood is so beautiful. She opened the show. She was wearing these super high high-heels that she eventually had to take off so she could walk around. We went to the Razorbacks Stadium which was huge. It sits 76,000 people. We had pretty good seats, but the big screens made it nice so we could see the performers.

That's Carrie Underwood. She sang all her hits plus some songs I didn't quite know. It was so fun to see her. I voted for her on two phones when she won American Idol. I like to take some credit for her winning.
Carrie Underwood was great, but Keith Urban was awesome! He sang hit after hit after hit. He has so many, and the crowd just sang along the whole time. He was so good, and you have to admit that he's super seeeeeexy! At one point he came up in the crowd and walked along the benches all while singing and playing his guitar. He gave one lucky fan his electric guitar. It was so fun! He played the guitar so amazingly. He was rocking out! As I was standing there in the stadium I looked around at all the people and could see that everyone was having as good as time as I was. I thought that this is what it's all about. A beautiful summer night in Fayetteville, Arkansas enjoying fabulous entertainment while singing at the top of our lungs. I have seen many many concerts in my days, and I've loved them all. But seeing a country music concert in Arkansas made it all a little more authentic because these performers are from these parts of the country. It made me think of my dad who has taken me to probably 80% of all the concerts I've seen, and it also made me miss my beautiful sister Ann. We went to a few summer concerts together when we were both in Provo. Thanks Steve for encouraging me to go. I had a blast!
Chubba, chubba! I know, I know...you want to just kiss and pinch this little one too. She is so much fun! She slept through the night Saturday. Yahoo!!!!

4 comments:

McEwen Family said...

I'm so glad you were able to get a girls night out and to such an awesome concert too! Wow you described it so well I felt like I was there. I love Carrie Underwood, I was a fan all through american idol as well, and I'm not even into country music, you basically introduced me back in the day of raintree! fun fun times.

I love chubba chubba...ooooh you made me want to squezze her! So dang cute!

The Good News said...

CHUBBA, CHUBBA IS RIGHT!!! Pretty soon she's going to weigh as much as Brooklyn! Looks like you guys are having fun there!

Mindy said...

Amy!!! I found you through Dyanna's blog. It's Mindy! (Atwood) Your girls are just the cutest!! Check our blog out sometime!!

Crystal Foy Weber said...

Aw, she is so cute! And I'm so jealous you got to go to that concert. Sounds like you had so much fun and its nice to have a girls night every now and then. I'm glad you're loving the midwest, I'm a fan of it too :)