Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bikes, Baseball, and Bowling

Last weekend Steve participated in the Tour de Donut. A charity bike race where they rode seven miles, stopped to eat donuts, rode seven more miles, stopped for donuts, then seven miles again. For every donut eaten they took 3 minutes off their time. Sounds fun, huh?
Steve ate 10 donuts and he felt sick! He wouldn't even pretend to eat a donut here for this picture. FYI the winner of this race ate 25 donuts!!!
Family shot. We're so proud of Steve for eating all those donuts! London and I had a couple!!
Steve and Spencer rode the first part of the race together.
The best part of the race for these little ladies was finding all the orange cones and stacking them. It kept them busy!!

Every time Steve gets home from a bike ride London has to try on all his gear. Silly girl!


That night we went to the Salt Lake Bee's Baseball game courtesy of Steve's work. We had so much fun. The girls especially had a blast. We sat in back of a guy Steve works with and he was chomping on a huge tub of popcorn. London instantly became his friend and he shared the tub with her all night long. That's our London! The girls cheered and clapped, and they especially liked the mascots.
I love this picture of Brooklyn cheering with Steve!
Hands down the best part of the game was when Barney made an appearance on the field. We LOVE Barney around here, so it's pretty much all London talked about on the way home.


And finally we took the girls bowling for the first time for FHE this week. Again, they had a blast. We got the little ramp contraption for them and let them roll their ball down the lane. It was a hit!


London and I were a team (Londonator) and Brooklyn and Steve were a team (Bean Town). Check out that score. I have never bowled so well in my life. 180 are you kidding me? I said that will never happen again. And the next game I bowled a 92. Ha ha!
We are having a fabulous summer!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

That picture of Brooklyn and Steve at the game is priceless!! SO cute. I am sad we couldn't go to the Bees game with you and eat churros and hot dogs...maybe next time! Let's go bowling soon though, that would be a blast...congrats on your HIGH score!

Carla said...

Hi Amy, Just finished catching up on all of your summer activities. What fun you are having as a family. I especially love the pictures of the girls in their red dresses. Your friend does a beautiful job in capturing their sweetness. And Hotel Park City??!! I stayed there once and it is wonderful--now I know Steve is perfect;)

Christy Dyer said...

you are such a fun, fun family. gorgeous girlies BTW.

shb said...

I sure do make bike shorts look good!