Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our 4th of July

We had a very fun Fourth of July holiday this year. It was nice that it was stretched out into a whole weekend with Monday off too. Saturday we went to Grandma and Grandpa Bakers for a delicious barbecue and played with lots of cousins. That night we watched the fireworks at Thanksgiving Point. Sunday we had another barbecue with friends where I made my traditional flag cake. Monday we went swimming with more family. It was action packed, but like I said lots of fun too.
Brooklyn and London out at Grandmas house.

Barbecue at the Becks with wonderful friends!
Sisters on bikes. One day we will learn to peddle! Thank goodness for daddy to push them around.

Dressed up for church in festive 4th of July attire.
The girls have 4th of July jammies, courtesy of their aunties Ann and Jill. They wore them for a few nights.

We swam over at Steve's brothers place and had so much fun. Brooklyn LOVES the water. She sits in her tube and kicks around. London, on the other hand, doesn't like the water so much. She enjoyed her pool time by finding balls to throw into the water, socializing, and just plain looking super cute!

Grandpa Baker and London wearing their cool shades and enjoying a juice box. Not in the water!
This is a little dress my mom made for me to wear for the 4th of July when I was London's age. My mom is amazing and can make anything! Too bad for my girls I haven't developed that skill. London loves to wear dresses, so she was game to try this on. It looks like she is sucking in her tummy while looking at her reflection through the tv. Good luck sucking that tummy! She is such a little ham!! Happy Independence Day!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I love the picture of London with Grandpa! Adorable!

Natalie said...

That dress of yours looks so cute on London! Sounds like you had a fun time. And I think you look really pretty with a flower in your hair:)

Chelsea said...

I love their 4th of July dresses! Such cute girls. Lala looks sassy in her little pink tankini! I love getting together with you!

Kristin said...

Wow! You guys are quite the partiers! Your cake looks yummy...

Maria said...

so cute! But I am ready to see the cute pictures that I took of these girls on here!