I ran my second 10K last weekend, the Lehi Roundup 10K. I want to be a runner. I would say my main motivation in that is wanting to look like a runner! But I really like running too. Well not every time, but it feels so amazing when I've pushed myself hard and completed a good run. This 10K was a tough one. Much tougher than the one Steve and I ran last October. This race was also a 5K. That race started first, then us 10Kers went ten minutes later. We ran the same 5K course twice. The course had three hills. That meant six hills for me! The first hill was right at the beginning and quite short. The second hill was a little longer. The third hill was very long. The second time I ran up the last hill I kept chanting to myself "you can do it," and "come on Amy." And I did it! I didn't think I would do this 10K as fast as I did my one last year because of all the hills. To my surprise I did it faster! Just over 2 minutes faster. I know I'm tooting my little horn here, but I am quite proud of myself! And since this is my blog, I can say that! I placed 23rd out of 56. I was 10th in my age division. And my time was 55:51.8. Whoot! Whoot! I am signed up and training for the Provo River Half Marathon on August 7. Better get running!
My little fan club just missed me crossing the finish line because they were out driving along the course hoping to see me in action. They enjoyed the post race snacks with me though. Especially the chocolate milk!
2 months ago
8 comments:
Wow! Just keep tootin that horn of yours because that is amazing!!!
Wow Amy - you're inspiring me. Maybe I'll get off my butt and start running someday too. :) Congrats on doing an awesome job and keep it up!
I HATE hills! Way to go on improving your time. Can't wait to hear about the Provo half. I mean to do that one every year but never get signed up in time.
You are doing awesome with your running. I am impressed. I too want to "look" like a runner. Keep it up girl!
You did aweseome! You should totally toot your own horn! You'll do great on your half marathon, too. Let me know if you want to do any runs on the hills up there.
Way to go! You ran it in a great time too!
You are so amazing! Way to go!
Great job!! Your 10K time almost beat my 5K time. Ha ha.
Post a Comment