Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Time

The Christmas season is definitely here. This time of year is magical with our two little girls. They love our Christmas tree. Brooklyn wants me to turn the lights on immediately when we walk downstairs and see the tree first thing in the morning. London likes to take the ornaments off and hide them or gather them in a pile. She often gets a Santa ornament off and brings it to us while singing "ho ho ho". It's great. They also love to see the lights on the houses at night when we drive around. We sit/lay by the tree every night before bed and read a Christmas story together. We started this tradition this year, so I guess it's not a tradition yet, but I want it to be. I love reading to my girls, and I look forward to sharing this special time as a family each night.
We snapped a few pictures of us in our Christmas attire after church last week.
Steve got a few cute shots of London. We haven't been able to find this red bell she is holding since these pictures. We figure she threw it away.


10 comments:

~ann said...

Ok, I'm jealous. You already have such awesome pictures for this year!! That one of your family at the top is so perfect. And I love all of your Christmas outfits. The girls are so cute! Love you!

Dane said...

So cute! (How do you take pictures of yourselves...timer on the camera?) It's fun when the kids care about the tree and such now. Beth is just starting to say "hohoho" :) Happy Holidays!

Mindy said...

Christmas is the best! Great pictures! I love the girls' Christmas dresses!! Oh, and I totally feel you, I have to rummage through the trash everytime I take it out. I have a little thrower-awayer too!

McEwen Family said...

I LOVE your new family pic at the top of your blog! You guys look great and so festive! Very cute Amy!!! Glad you guys are enjoying the holidays. So much fun!

Mr. Winfree said...

That sounds like such a fun Christmas tradition to do each year. I love Christmas stories! Really cute family pics, by the way, I especially love the one at the top. Merry Christmas! -Paula

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

Cute pictures! That's a fun tradition to read a Christmas book every night!

Carla said...

I think the Steve and Amy Baker family needs to be in a Hallmark movie of the week! You're all so good looking, dressed so cute, and the stories of what the girls do is so entertaining. Glad you're enjoying the holidays and starting wonderful traditions.

Chelsea said...

We missed out on the photo taking at the ward Christmas party. Yours turned out SUPER cute!! We love being your neighbors!

Kristin said...

Okay, Amy. You officially have the cutest family, AND, we're officially blogging friends! I love that Christmas tradition...I might steal it from you when we have kids.

Rachel said...

I love London's little snow princess dress! I agree...Christmas is magical and fun with little ones. They make all the hassle worth it. Looking through your blog you can tell that you guys truly are a "Happy Family" and love being together. It's great!