Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hobble Creek Half Marathon

 August 18th Steve and I ran the Hobble Creek Half Marathon together.  It was a beautiful run down the steep canyon of Hobble Creek in Springville.  Steve's parent live at the mouth of the canyon, so they came and snapped some pictures of us.  The above picture was about mile 12.  I know I look like a dork.
 These two pictures are at about mile 9 coming down into Mapleton.

Here we are when the race was over proudly displaying our finisher medals.  Steve was a wonderful husband and ran the whole thing with me.  I'm sure he would have finished a good 15 minutes earlier if he had gone on his own.  But it was really fun to do it together since we trained a lot together.  Our goal was to finish in under 2 hours.  Our official time was 1:58.56.  We did it!!!  It was a tough race for me.  I was so sore from the steep declines and couldn't walk up/down our stairs very well for the next few days.  Steve was invigorated after the race and recovered much quicker.  Next race: Highland Oktoberfest 10K.

0 comments: