We had a very Christmas Festive weekend. Friday Santa came to our Costco. We waited in line, and when it was our turn London marched right up to him and sat in his lap. She smiled perfectly for a picture, and told Santa her Christmas wish... "a purple hoop" (hula hoop). Santa gave her a candy cane and said he would see what he could do. Then came Brooklyn's turn. Steve held her and sat in Santa's lap for the best picture we could get. Brooklyn has the best daddy!
Our friends Scott, Maria, and Abby came with us which made the night that much better. London just loves Abby and they had a grand time together. After Santa we headed over to DP Cheese Steaks for dinner. Delish!
Saturday night we headed up to Salt Lake to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. Steve's parents came along too.
We made the mistake of visiting the Nativity Scene first. London did not want to leave Baby Jesus! And for the rest of the time she kept reminding us she wanted to go back to the Baby Jesus. We had to drag her around and distract her with all the other beautiful things.
The lights were amazing! And Temple Square was very crowded!
Grandpa, London, and Grandma found the sheep. This was a good distraction for a bit.
This shot is from the other side of the temple. We made the loop and now it was time to head back to say good-bye to Baby Jesus.
I have the most wonderful in-laws! Thanks for coming with us and putting up with us! And thanks for treating us to DP Cheese Steaks afterwards. Two nights in a row...love it!
London with the Baby Jesus at last! How did I finally get her away from here? I told her grandma had cookies in the diaper bag for her. Yes, I am one of those mothers. And yes, it worked! This Christmas season is so magical with a little two year old who is so curious and excited about new things.
2 months ago
3 comments:
This was a festive weekend! I love the picture of Steve with Brooklyn with Santa :) Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!
Sounds fun! Now I want to eat at DP Cheese Steaks, I've never been there! You're kids are so cute! Merry Christmas!
how sweet that she loves to look at baby Jesus. It sounds like a fun journal entry. Be sure to write it down for her. We've been debating a lights expedition at temple square and I'm not sure we are going to make it there. . . bummer. I'll just have to live through your photos.
Post a Comment