Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Vegas for Thanksgiving

We made a last minute decision to go to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving. Steve flew in from Taiwan Wednesday evening then we got up early on Thanksgiving Day and drove down to Vegas. It was nice to get out of freezing Utah, although Vegas wasn't as warm as we would have liked either. It was a good decision to go. We had a wonderful time with my family. The girls were completely fussed over the entire time... which meant Steve and I were able to get out too. We had a delicious Thanksgiving feast right when we arrived, and the rest of the day was spent hanging out. The next day my brother Matt woke me up at 3am, and my other brother Mike was waiting out in the car for us. I was laughing because Mike had been at his friends house and hadn't gone to sleep yet. We went over to Kohls for their Black Friday deals. It was madness but so fun too! Mike picked out what he went for, then stood in line for the next hour while Matt and I kept shopping. Good plan! I got some great deals! We got home at 5am and went back to bed. A few hours later we all headed down to the strip.
Brooklyn ran down the sidewalks on the strip. Steve had two things in mind for our visit to the strip. First stop- FAO Schwartz in the Cesar Palace. When we arrived we discovered FAO Schwartz was no longer there. Bummer! Next stop- the water fountains at the Bellagio. We waited and waited out front for them to start.
London enjoyed dancing to the music while we waited...
We snapped a few shots. Still waiting... At the top of the hour (when we were sure it would finally start) they announced when the first water show would start. It was two hours away. Another bummer! So we walked along the side walk and up towards the entrance of the Bellagio.
As we were walking along the fountains all of a sudden started spraying. Just spraying straight up, and not with music. Probably a test. But it was fun for the girls to see it for a minute. We stopped for a pic with the fountains and the Eiffle Tower.

A couple of shots from inside the atrium of the Bellagio. We enjoyed the festive fall scenery. Brooklyn especially enjoyed watching some water fountains spraying a stream of water that we actually walked under.

Saturday was spent making popcorn balls. London and Grandma ate popcorn all day long! London wouldn't leave them alone. We finally had to cut her off!

Sunday we went to church. Later that night I me up with my high school friend/college roommate, Lindsey. I forgot to get a picture with her. But it was fun to get together and catch up. Monday morning we headed back for home. We rented a very nice Tahoe for our trip. It was great to travel in something so roomy, and big and safe to handle the wet/snowy roads. Here we are on our way...

The happy parents. Actually this trip seemed to be taking FOREVER. We were ready to be home at this point.

Exhausted Brooklyn.
London eating...what else? The minute she got in the car she would ask for food. She ate the entire way, both ways. Her mom may have eaten the entire way too! Notice the baby next to her.
Saying good bye to the Tahoe. I love you Tahoe! One day you will be mine! We are so thankful for our many, many blessings. It was a Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

3 AM! You crazy woman :) Anything for a good sale right? Looks like a lot of fun. I want to eat those popcorn balls with London! I hope you find keys to a big SUV for Christmas (maybe in another year)!

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Glad you got to go spend some time with your family!

Ben and Shara said...

I am LOVING your new family pictures on the couch!!! What a great setting. Where was that? In Vegas? I LOVE LOVE LOVE them.