I love this shot of the Nativity being front and center under our Christmas tree, then surrounded by gifts. It was a great reminder of what Christmas is all about.
Brooklyn checking out the scene Christmas morning.
Sisters in Christmas pajamas opening the first gifts.
Caught me blinking, but so excited to get Zumba Fitness for the Wii. Have I mentioned I love Zumba? I saw this box come in the mail with the return address for a Game Stop store. I was convinced it was the newest version of Uno. Steve loves Uno, so I end up getting every new Uno game for gifts. I was so surprised (and relieved) it wasn't another Uno game!
The girls opened up tubes of Little People first, then these two vehicles second. Brooklyn rides the bus to and from school these days and she loves this bus to play with. London's little car comes with a mama and a baby, and it plays "London Bridge Is Falling Down." Double perfect! They played with these toys for a while, and we had to finally convince them to open more.
Brooklyn got some Handy Manny tools. Big hit!
Mom got a cool new red bag, which Brooklyn immediately walked away with.
Steve finally found a BYU hat that actually fits his head. Perfect gift!
Big surprise for me...Steve got me a fancy pants camera. Its a Cannon dSLR. I was not expecting this! I was happily surprised, but a little taken back that he would buy something so big with out consulting me. He is convincing me that it will be worth the many years of great pictures. I am going to take a class to learn how to work this baby. Thanks Steve!
The Little People stole the show Christmas Day. So we waited a couple of days for the final presents. Even before December, London informed us her Christmas wish from Santa was a purple hoop. Check!
Close your eyes...
Happy girl! London's favorite color is purple, and she loves her hoop. When she asked for a purple hoop, she also asked for a pink hoop for Brooklyn. Check!
It was fun to stretch Christmas out over a few days and see the girls get so excited for new presents. We had a fabulous Christmas this year. These sweet little girls made it so. We are so blessed!
2 months ago
5 comments:
I LOVE having a dSLR! (I also have a Canon Rebel.) Once you've seen the quality pictures that baby can take, you will never be satisfied by a point-and-shoot camera again! :)
Thanks Heidi, I am excited to become camera savy! Maybe I'll have you give me some pointers. And to answer your question about our ginger bread houses...yeah, just graham crackers and frosting out of a can. It was perfect for us! And btw, what are you doing up at 1:20 am on the computer? Crazy lady!
How fun! Looks like your girls had a blast!
I love that you spread out Christmas like that. Bens was way too excited to open any and every present! How cool that you got a new camera!! That is so exciting, AND its always fun to be surprised. You can photograph my children for practice :) So fun. And as for Zumba, you know I will be over to play with ya soon. Love ya, see ya Wednesday.
when you figure out how to use your big fancy camera would you mind teaching me?
Post a Comment