Our Thanksgiving was a very quiet one this year. Both girls were sick so we stayed home. Last year Brooklyn was sick on Thanksgiving too, so it was a little disappointing to miss out on the Thanksgiving feast with Steve's family for the second year in a row. Anyone who has ever had the pleasure of dinning on a meal made by my mother-in-law would surely feel my pain. We missed out...that is all there is to it! Last year I did make a little Thanksgiving meal for just us. But this year we decided to have pizza. We did get an apple pie from Costco, so that was as festive as we got. Some friends of ours brought us over a turkey when they heard we were having pizza. We put it in the freezer because a. we were set on having pizza, and b. I have never cooked a fresh turkey. I will have to read up on that before I attempt to cook it up. We enjoyed a lot of family time over the week, and even got a great project going on our home. I am happy to say the girls are feeling much better now. We have a lot to be thankful for in our little family.
2 months ago
2 comments:
That stinks that you were all sick for Thanksgiving! But good that you were able to spend so much time together as a family :0) Hopefully Christmas will find you all a little healthier!
I'm glad you are all feeling better, but I must say that on Thanksgiving morning when I read that you were having pizza, I kid you not, I was begging Ben to just go get Chinese take-out. Instead we partook of the craziness. It turned out fine but there is something to be said for simpleness.
Post a Comment