Tuesday, November 3, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN


We had a fun Halloween this year. It was a fun and busy day. It all started with Steve hurting his shoulder pretty badly while playing football. When he got home he tried to act like it wasn't too bad, so we went about our day. We made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. This was a big hit with Miss London. After breakfast we went outside to rake some leaves. The girls had so much fun walking through the big piles of leaves. Especially Brooklyn. She couldn't get enough of it. I think she liked the crunchy sounds the leaves made.


Brooklyn also enjoyed throwing the leaves up in the air.
After the leaves we went on our weekly outing to Costco. While shopping there Steve decided he had better get his shoulder looked at. He went and had an x-ray and everything looked fine. The doctor tested all sorts of movements his shoulder should make, and that was all fine too. He figured Steve had quite a bruise and that it would heal on its own in a few days. But he said the pain would be pretty severe on day two and three of the injury, so he gave Steve a prescription. The pain was very severe, but I'm glad to say he is feeling much better now. Gotta love that football, huh?

Next came the carving of the pumpkins... Steve made a scary jack-o-lantern, and I did the polka-dot pumpkin with the drill again.
And then it was time for trick-or-treating. We went with our friends the Becks and the Greers. Trick-or-treating was interesting. Brooklyn was doing alright for the first few houses, then she would scream and make a scene when people tried to put candy in her bucket. So we just let her be and didn't push her to go up to each door. London on the other hand started off rough by crying when people handed her candy. I think she thought she was getting left with them or something. After a few houses she caught on that the people were just giving her candy, and that no one was going to take her. She really enjoyed getting her piece of candy at each house and putting it right in her little pumpkin. The minute she had her candy in its place she was off to the next house ready to do it all over again. It was pretty cute!
Brooklyn found more leaves out trick-or-treating.
Sadly Brooklyn would not be apart of this picture. These are the friends we went trick-or-treating with. London, Ella, and Emma were ladybugs, and Benson was a cow.
Loving the trick-or-treating! And she didn't complain once about her costume.
All finished trick-or-treating, we came home and lit our pumpkins then got ready for the trick-or-treaters to come to our house. We had pizzas and root beer with our trick-or-treating friends, then we called it a night. Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

Mr. Winfree said...

It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Your girls are so cute :)We need to get together sometime!

~ann said...

Hey - love the pumpkin pancakes. Will you let me know how to make them? And the girls looked so cute. I was thinking of doing a ladybug with Taylor this year too. :) London looked adorable in it.

Tracy said...

What a great Halloween. The pumpkin pancakes are adorable and the girls were precious as usual. Great to see the pictures. Happy Fall!

kjhauser said...

Marshall gets injured and is sore a lot from playing football on Saturdays. It's so funny. It looks like you had a great Halloween!

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

That last post from kjhauser was from me. I'm using my sister's computer and didn't realize she was still signed in.

The Good News said...

I want to know how to do the pumpkin pancakes too! Those are too cute! Just like your girls!

McEwen Family said...

sounds like a great halloween! I love that your girls just enjoyed jumping in the leaves...I swear it's the simple things that kids like best! love your poka dot pumpkin, very cute idea!

Amy Baker said...

Sorry to disappoint Ann and Julie, but those pumpkin pancakes were made with regular old pancake mix (Walmart brand). I just added food coloring. I am sure there are recipes for actual pancakes made with pumpkin filling or flavor, but I didn't bother to look for one. You caught me!