Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Little Flag Football

Steve loves playing football. He loves it! Last weekend he and our ward team played in the regional tournament and won first place. Me and the girls went up and watched the last few minutes of the championship game. The first play I saw ended with Steve flat on his back. "Not good," I thought. But that's just football, right? Well he played three straight games back-to-back that day and hasn't been able to move very well since. He swears he has never been this sore. I just have to chuckle to myself because I don't get it. He gets all beat up pretty much every time he plays. He comes home with bruises, scratches, rug burns, sore muscles, etc. One might think those kinds of things might be enough to keep one from playing again. Not my Steve. He goes back week after week. Like I said, he loves it!
Brooklyn and London had lots of fun chasing, kicking, and throwing the extra footballs around. I had fun trying to keep them off the field and from stealing the cones.

3 comments:

Jon and Joselyne Kendall said...

You would think it would stop one wouldnt you? Not Jon either. He was bummed he couldnt go that morning. Apparently, standing up for 4 straight hours at college gameday holding a sign that barely got any tv time was well worth it. Jon was sore too. Go figure!

~ann said...

So cute! Too bad we don't live closer because Logan could be one of Steve's football buddies. :)

Gary and Kristen Baker said...

Nice Job Steve. I remember about 6 years ago when we played the Turkey Bowl on the field west of cougar stadium all morning I was so sore I couldn't play hoops for the rest of the vacation which was a bummer. See you guys in a few weeks, thanks for posting the family pictures of the Halloween party.