We did it! We ran our first 10K (6.4 miles) and in a surprisingly fast time for us. I didn't really want to say what my goal time for this race would be because I didn't want to get my hopes up. But secretly I wanted to finish in under an hour. And we did! Our official time was 58 minutes. Steve was a wonderful and supportive husband and ran the whole thing with me. I know he could have finished a lot earlier if he would have gone on his own, but he kept insisting he wanted to stay with me and do it together. It is because of him that I finished in under an hour. I was never going to stop, but I did want to at least slow down a little. He wouldn't let me, and kept pushing me right to the end. We are pretty proud of ourselves for completing this 10K, and really for getting into running too. We just started running this spring and summer, and we have both really enjoyed it. I have wanted to set my next race goal for a half-marathon. After finishing this 10K though I am having second thoughts. The 10K was tough! I don't think I could have gone much further. There would have to be a lot more training done for me to be able to pull off a half-marathon. But we'll see. Anyway, yay us on our 10K. We definitely plan to do this race again next year.
2 months ago
5 comments:
What a great accomplishment!!! Yay for the both of you!
I always say the end of a run is hard no matter the distance. The last couple of miles of a marathon is the same amount of hard as the last mile of a 10k. You can totally do a half-marathon.
Wow, that's impressive! Good for you guys!
Great job! I hope to do the same someday...Enjoy the running season while it is still here, the snow will be here in no time:(
Hey Amy! Way to go! You can do whatever you train for...so I say go for a half marathon! You are halfway there! There's a nice one in January in St. George! I signed up for it...it would be fun to see you there and you'd probably beat me! :)
Post a Comment