Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lyme Warrior

Ammon Livingston is a young man in our ward who was recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease. He has been sick for years and no one could figure out why. Now that they know he has Lyme Disease they are aggressively treating him with IV antibiotics. His treatments are slowly helping him feel better, but they are extremely expensive. A weeks worth of treatment is costing his family $3,500...$14,000 a month. Their insurance company is not contributing to his treatment anymore, so as you can imagine his family is quickly draining all their resources. I do not personally know Ammon well, because in our almost three years as a ward he has seldom felt well enough to attend church. But I do know he comes from a wonderful family. I have been able to teach two of his siblings in my different church callings, and I can't say enough good about them. His father is our bishop, and what a great man he is. They are doing all they can to help Ammon get better. They are holding a yard sale here in AF this Saturday, June 13th. Please click on the link below to Ammon's blog where all of this information is available. I pass this information on to anyone who reads my blog because I feel this is so important and I want to help them in anyway I can.

http://lymewarrior.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

The Foys said...

What a great idea for them! I wish I lived there so I could come and donate some money to them... any way you could get me their address?

Amy Baker said...

If you click on his blog that I linked to this post, there is a "DONATE" button on the top right corner. They set up a pay pal account to make online donations very easy. Also, if you click on the picture of Ammon (which is the yard sale flier) his parents address is listed as the #1 place to donate items. Their zip code is 84003. Thank you for your willingness to help out this wonderful cause/family. We are going through our house and finding things to donate for the yard sale. We just wish we could do more.

Amy Baker said...

We also are planning to shop at this yard sale. It sounds like there are going to be a lot of great items!

Carla said...

Amy, thanks for the story and the link. It was really easy to donate to his fund.