
We celebrated Brooklyn's half birthday tonight. Brooklyn had RSV on her birthday in January so we weren't able to really celebrate her birthday then (although we did buy the 7 pound chocolate Costco cake in anticipation of celebrating Brooklyn's birthday which Amy and I ate in 5 days). So, Amy made a delicious ice cream cake today and we had the other interns over for a little party. We had a fun time. And now we can consider ourselves good parents again because we have picture proof that we celebrated Brooklyn's second birthday.
On a more personal note, we love having Brooklyn in our family. The other night I was making dinner and Brooklyn started to climb in one of the kitchen cupboards. I know this isn't a big deal but it was the first time she has ever done this and it really made me grateful for the progress she is making. We have had so many struggles with her, her life has been one trial after another, but to see her doing a "normal" two year old activity really made me proud. Two years ago at this time she was laying in a hospital bed hooked up to so many monitors it was difficult just to get her out of the hospital bed and hold her. Now, she's walking all over the place and we can barely get her to stay in bed or sit still long enough to hold her. We have seen so many miracles in our little bean's life and have been so blessed to have her in our family. Happy second and a half birthday Brooklyn, we love you so much!
2 months ago
10 comments:
Happy 2 and 1/2 birthday Brooklyn! Lucky you to have such a great mommy and daddy to remember it was your 1/2 day. Looks like a yummy cake.
this makes me just sooo happy to read! You guys so deserve to expierence those normal 2 year old activities! You have been such great parents to Brooklyn! She is one lucky girl! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
Steve, You are such a great daddy to Brooklyn. I love how you two just love each other so much. We are all lucky girls to have you. I love you! -Amy
ps. you probably shouldn't have admitted to us eating the whole Costco chocolate cake. What will everyone think of us?
What a little miracle you have in your family. I really never understood the extent of the difficulties you have had with Brooklyn until recently. I had seen pictures, and read your emails, but it never clicked. NOW, looking back, I am amazed at how far you've come, how patient you have been, and how strong you need to be. You are great people.
PS-HOw do I get an invitation to Maria's blog?
Yeah Brooklyn! We love you so much!
~ auntie ann, uncle eric, logan & taylor
Hi Brooklyn, I hope you had a good birthday. Your cake looks yummy!
Love you, Logan
Yeah Brooklyn! We love you so much!
~ auntie ann, uncle eric, logan & taylor
Hi Brooklyn, I hope you had a good birthday. Your cake looks yummy!
Love you, Logan
Happy 1/2 Birthday to Brooklyn! She is a sweet girl with wonderful parents :)
Happy 2.5 birthday Brooklyn! She is so sweet Amy!!! I'm so happy for her progress and that she has such great parents who are applauding her every step of the way! You are awesome!
So fun! I'm proud of Brooklyn getting into the cupboard! She is a sweetheart and I do love her haircut!! Best of luck in getting back to Utah ;-)
Post a Comment