Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July in Dallas Texas




Cute cousins London and Taylor. Taylor is even chunkier than London.

We decided to travel to Dallas, Texas to spend the Fourth of July with my sister Ann, her husband Eric, and their two cute kids Logan and Taylor. It was a seven hour drive each way for us, but we think this will be the closest we ever live to them, so we went for it. The girls traveled pretty well. We had such a fun time with the Cook family. We got to see their beautiful home and baby Taylor for the first time. Taylor is one week older than London, so it was really fun to have the babies together. Logan was a great cousin to Brooklyn by keeping her entertained. Eric is way into fireworks, so we had a great show all day long and into the night. Steve had so much fun setting off fireworks with Eric and he's already planning our trip out there for the Fourth of July next year. We hung out a lot at their home, went swimming, got the kids pictures taken, ate great food including Mexican Love and Dickeys Barbecue Pit, and Ann and I got pedicures. I had a hard time choosing pictures for this blog, I wanted to add so many more.
All the kids and the Mama's getting ready to swim.
London and Taylor in their swimming suits for the first time. London is trying to fit her fist into her mouth. Yum yum, eat um up!
Babies in the pool for the very first time. I think they loved it.
Steve is determined to have basketball players. Go Brooklyn!


Our little Fire Cracker, Miss London.
London, me, and Ann.
Fourth of July babies.

Logan and his special cake. What a fun time we had with the Cooks. Thanks for being so welcoming to our family. We can't wait to do it again next year.

7 comments:

~ann said...

Hey Amy, I've been waiting for you to update your blog. :) We loved having you come out and really hope that it works out for us all to get together again next year. Your girls are precious and we just loved spending time with your cute family. ~love, the cooks

Chris and Paula said...

Amy, I think it's hilarious that you married a Baker and your sister married a Cook... :)

Anyway, I love reading your blog. It looks like you guys had a blast on the 4th.

Camille said...

Hey girl, I saw the link to your blog off Rachel's! It's good to see your cute family. You look great as ever. I know you're such a good mom! That's so awesome. Your daughters are adorable. My blog is set to private, but you are welcome if you'd like. You can email me at mcamilleclark[at]gmail[dot]com, and I'll send you an invite.

Mindy said...

Hi Amy! Its Mindy (Atwood)! Im glad I found you! Those girls are the cutest and that little Logan is adorable!! You and Ann are So cute! Come check mine out sometime!!
paulandmindylystrup.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

Hi Amy! Your little girls are getting so big! Looks like you are all having a fun summer. I was going to leave you comment on your last post about bbq. Looks like I posted one the same day about Brad's pork cooking adventures. You'll have to try some when you get back. We miss you guys!

Hcatt and Jdogg said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Cute, cute kids!

Crystal Foy Weber said...

I haven't seen any recent pictures of Taylor or Logan, they are getting so big! I'm glad you could spend time with the Cooks. It sounds like you had so much fun :)