Monday, July 21, 2008

Food, Fun, and Games

We had a nice and relaxing weekend. The weather was crazy hot so we stayed close to home. Steve did get out Saturday morning for a little golf. We took the girls swimming for five minutes (much too sunny), watched Bee Movie, then we went to Dairy Queen for the chocolate thin mint girl scout cookie blizzard. Yum-o! Sunday we had a barbecue with the other two interns, Geneva and Chao, then they came over for our regular Sunday night of games. Rummikub is the favorite game we play, and this time everyone got a chance to win. Steve won twice, of course. We have loved getting to know Geneva and Chao. Geneva is also from BYU and Chao is from Penn State. Brooklyn has especially liked these two new friends of hers. We will miss them, as our internship is coming to a close here in four weeks. We are excited to go home, but we have also had a wonderful time here in Arkansas with our new friends.

2 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Amy-
I didn't know you had a blog! So good to hear from you. Thank you for your email. I loved your post about "special sisters". I have a lot I want to tell you so will email you back and get your number. You are a great woman.

McEwen Family said...

I think it is so neat that you guys have gotten the chance to go experience something new... how fun and what a great opportunity. I love checkin in you, your family is just darling!