This is our last week in Arkansas. It has been a wonderful time for our family. We have really enjoyed our new adventures here. The best part about this summer is all the family time we've been able to have. Life has been a lot simpler with Steve only working then being home with us with nothing else to do but play. I fear life is going to get a lot more stressful once we get home with school and work starting up again soon. But it will be one more year of school left, so we can tough it out and make it through. But before all that starts up again we will have two weeks at home to get settled back into things. We are very excited to go home! We are looking forward to sleeping in our own beds and in our own home. We have decided to drive home, which we will probably regret, but it's too late now to change our minds. We will split the trip up into 3 days of driving about 7 hours a day. Our first night we will stay in Lincoln, Nebraska. The second night in Laramie, Wyoming. The third night in American Fork, Utah, yea!
It was a little sad saying good-bye to our ward members yesterday. They have been so friendly and helpful to our family. We had a BIG Sunday yesterday. Miss Brooklyn went to nursery all on her own. Geneva, the other intern, was there in the nursery and Brooklyn just loves her, so she went in very willingly and didn't really care when Steve left. We figured she'd come find us during Sunday School, but she didn't need us. It was a great day for all of us!
It started raining Saturday night and hasn't really stopped. We are enjoying the cooler weather from this rain storm and pray that it will continue for our drive home. We will be leaving Saturday morning and arriving home on Monday the 18th. Please say a little prayer for us this weekend that we can make it safely on our journey home. We are looking forward to seeing our family and friends again. We are especially excited for our parents to see the girls. They have changed a lot this summer. It will be a fun reunion soon. One more week!
Smiley London. She cracks me up with how big she can open her mouth and give that gummy smile! Notice Brooklyn trying to get out of that picture. One day she'll like the camera, I hope.
I just love my naked babies all wrapped up in a towel. Bath-time is so fun in our house.
2 months ago
6 comments:
yeah! you updated your blog! i love those pictures of the girls wrapped up in their towels - Brooklyn especially looks cute with her little smile.
One week! We can't wait to see you guys! Sounds like you have had a wonderful time in the South. Thank goodness for blogs, it's been a good way to keep in touch. I can't wait to see your girls. Maybe we can fit in a couple walks when you get back before it gets cold. See you soon!!
Amy, I love your blog. I am excited about us being able to keep in contact through the addictive world of blogging. It is nice to know that you have had a good experience in Arkansas & great having you & your family here. I have to admit, I love Arkansas, it really is such a beautiful & peaceful area (well, as peaceful as it can be with 2 little wild men running around)! I will check your blog often. If you ever just want to e-mail me, (mtcmtcsl@windstream.net) feel free. I think I get more excited about adult interaction than normal people! Have a safe trip home & give me a call if you need anything this week.
We'll be thinking of you! And I know what you mean--we'll miss Dane when our new baby comes and he goes back to school, too! But one more year, right? Drive safe! Say hi to Utah for us!
Good luck with your drive home. Your little girls are so cute! I really could just eat that little London right up!
Amy,
I hope you guys made it safely & happily back home. I just wanted to leave you another message. I had not had a chance to read much of your blog when I left my first comment. I wanted to commend you on your "special sisters" post. It is often very hard to put your heart out there for others to see. I know that our families are in somewhat different circumstances but I felt your heart as I read your post & was very touched. It is sometimes hard to keep the eternal perspective of having a child that Heavenly Father found to be so celestial that it overflowed into this life. To this day there have been very few things that have made me sadder than when Spencer was in the stage where he could not communicate. He would try so hard to tell us what he wanted but we just couldn't understand him. He might get one word out. But it wasn't enough to get his point across. He would eventually turns to tears or screams or just give up & walk away so sad. The "natural" public so to say would just see a bratty kid with a mother that had no control. But we see the big picture & our children are not only special but also Heavenly Fathers chosen few. Maybe someday we will understand. Our last bishop told me shortly after Spencer's diagnosis something I remind myself of often, "with great challenge & sacrifice comes great blessings in time." I love that. Anyway, sorry if I got carried away in my own life. Just wanted you to know I loved the post. Have a good week!
Post a Comment