Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Birthday Trip to Texas

 Ann's and my birthday are days apart.  Our sweet husbands planned a surprise weekend for us which had me on a plane heading to Dallas on Ann's birthday, June 21st.  My sister-in-law Kiley picked me up from the airport and I got to meet my new niece Miss Ava for the first time.  She is darling!  We three went to lunch and I got to see their cute apartment.  Later I met up with the Cooks and we went and saw Monster's University.
 Ann and I, along with some of her friends, ran a Color Run 5K the next morning.  I actually didn't run it last minute because I got sick just before the race started.  I couldn't take the Texas heat and humidity.
 We got pedicures.  Taylor was so cute!  She was so relaxed she dozed off a few times.  What a life!
 The wreath I made for Ann's birthday present.
 We had a barbecue with the family in Texas.  Jeff is a really good daddy with little Ava.  Taylor couldn't get enough of her.  We all couldn't.

 Ava was done, but I needed a picture with Kiley still.  Cute little family!
 Ann and I took a food tour in uptown Dallas.  We ate very well!  We boarded a trolley to go from one restaurant to another, then walked to the rest.  There was a lot of good eating on this trip, which I loved!
 Burger and fries at the Ketchup Bar.  "H" for house ketchup, "C" for chip-ole ketchup.  So yummy!
Delicious Mexican plate at Primos with a non-alcoholic margarita which was still a little too zippy for me. :)

 And a red velvet cake ball with cream cheese frosting from Bread Winners.  To die for!!!

 Logan and Taylor are cute little guys.  It was so fun to see them.  Taylor happily let me sleep in her bed and she and Logan had sleep-overs in his room.  She loves to be with and bug her brother!  She told me next time I come to bring my kids.
 Saying good-bye to the Cooks.  They are a great family and I had so much fun with them.
Birthday Breakfast stop at Bread Winners on the way to the airport.  Like I said, we ate very well!
When I got home Steve had a little birthday party planned.  We barbecued and had red velvet birthday cake with some family members.  I had a wonderful birthday weekend.

0 comments: