Friday, July 26, 2013

10 Year Anniversary & AF Canyon Half Marathon

 For our 10 year Wedding Anniversary we decided to run down the American Fork Canyon in a half marathon.  Romantic, I know!  It was actually a great race and so much fun to do it together.  Intermountain Health sponsors this race, and all the $216,500 raised and donated goes to cancer patients here in Utah Valley.  I love being a part of such a great cause!  They also had Kneaders French Toast at the finish line.  That was great motivation too.

 We ran with Matt, Marianne, and Rachel Baker.  Well, Rachel met us at the end as she finished a good 20 minutes ahead of us.  Along the way I met up with one of my favorite roommates from BYU, Miss Molly Bice Jackson.  I knew she and her husband were also running but I didn't think I would be able to find her in the 2,000 plus sea of runners.  I was so very happy to see her and run along with her for a while.  We caught up on life and made plans to one day get together with our families and other roommates.  She is a remarkable and inspiring woman.  I'm glad I know her.  Love you Molls!

 At the finish with Matt, Marianne, and Rachel.  We did it!!!

Finally back at home. I set a PR with a time of 1:55.51.  Steve was about 15 seconds faster than me.  I'm thankful he ran with me, as I'm sure he could have finished at least 10-15 minutes earlier.  My parents were in town to watch the girls during our race, and we took advantage and got away for a night to continue the anniversary celebrating.  We went down to our old stomping grounds in Provo where we met.  Lots and lots of memories there.  I am so grateful I married such a wonderful, righteous, and handsome man.  Steve is the very best decision I have ever made.  I love our life together.  Here's to many, many more anniversaries!

1 comments:

Lisa & Joel said...

How inspirational! Looks like a great time. Congrats on your PR!