No more diapers for this little lady! Yahoo!!! It has actually been about six weeks since London was potty trained. I'm a little behind on my blogging. She was ready for a while to be potty trained, but she had to wait for her mom to be ready too. My sister-in-law recommended a program called How to Potty Train in 3 Days. I used it, I loved it, I would recommend it! It made perfect sense, and set us both up for success. On day one we got rid of London's diapers. That was a little sad for her and she did cry for a while. But we got passed it. And she did have a couple of big accidents at the beginning, which were very frustrating for me and almost caused me to call it quits after cleaning up the second one. But then it clicked for her. She needed to understand how her body worked, and after two accidents she then understood a lot more. She even figured out the whole poop thing too. That was a bit trickier, but she got it pretty quickly. And to top it off she is even wearing her big girl undies to bed and has woken up dry every morning! Like I said, no more diapers for this girl.
Last night was her first night to sleep in a big girl bed. She did awesome! She slept the whole night and didn't come out of her room once, or cry, or anything. It may have helped that I bribed her with licorice. But it worked! The first thing she asked for this morning was her licorice. I gladly gave it to her because it was well deserved! We did some major furniture re-arranging/spring cleaning yesterday, passed on a crib to cousin Eliza, and now the goal is to get Brooklyn in a bed before our new baby comes. We are very proud of London, but no one is prouder than she is. She is as pleased as can be with becoming such a big girl.
2 months ago
3 comments:
She is SO cute I can hardly stand it! But way to go London, good for her :)
So cute! I wish my girls would get on board too!!
Way to go London! Glad the transitions both went smoothly! Next up...Brooklyn!!!
Post a Comment