Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wasatch Woman 6K


Over the weekend my friend Chelsea and I ran the Wasatch Woman 6k at Thanksgiving Point. It was a chilly morning, but not raining like every other day that week so that was good. There were over 1800 women who participated in this race. I had no idea it was so big. There was also a 10k race which we missed out on by signing up too late. I won't complain about running a couple less miles though. It was a nice race, but overall I don't think I would do it again. It was a confusing course, no mile markers, and the shirts were too short. We did run through the gardens there at Thanksgiving Point which was beautiful, but a bit hilly too. I wasn't as race ready as I could have been either, so that is probably the biggest downside to the whole thing for me. Chelsea was in great shape and she was excited for her first race. And she rocked it after she left me behind as I hobbled up a nasty hill. I have been taking it quite easy after I ran my half marathon in August. Probably a little too easy, but I am enjoying that for now.

A 6k is 3.72 miles.
My time: 32:33
Overall place : 14 out of 1067
My age division place: 6 out of 252

And I have to mention Chelsea's results because I am so proud of her. (and a little jealous too)
Her time: 30:49
Overall place: 5 out of 1067
Her age division place: 1 out of 62

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

You are too sweet...Great job! We will have to do our 10k someday.

Kiley said...

You are so awesome- and motivational! p.s.-you should def post those new family pics when you get them- they are so cute and Jeff and I need to add them to our fridge!