Amy has denied me some of my basic rites as a sports fan, namely the rite to watch March Madness, unless I do this blog post. So here goes...the last week of February I spent in Taiwan on a business trip. It was extremely busy with absolutely no time to do any site seeing. So, I took pictures of my hotel room on my last morning there because Amy had warned me that she wanted me to blog my trip. Honestly, not much to blog about except THE SUPERLET!!!
The Superlet is the man toilet of all man toilets:
Looks normal right? Except check out the control panel that controls it:

That's right, a control panel. This little guy was mounted on the wall right next to the superlet. Please notice that EVERYTHING is controlled by this. I prefer using paper for my business but if you prefer the bidet or a wash (I'm told there's a difference) you can control the water temperature and then even the air temperature that dries your bum afterward. Seriously.
That's right, a control panel. This little guy was mounted on the wall right next to the superlet. Please notice that EVERYTHING is controlled by this. I prefer using paper for my business but if you prefer the bidet or a wash (I'm told there's a difference) you can control the water temperature and then even the air temperature that dries your bum afterward. Seriously.
My favorite was the seat temperature controls, the massage, and of course the lid had a sensor that could tell when I stood up so it flushed and shut the lid for me. I'm thinking Amy may like the self closing lid feature here at the house.
Below is a bit of video to show off the capabilities of this bad boy. Also please note the cool neon blue light inside the bowl. Supposedly that helped kill germs inside.
Here's a view of Taipei from my hotel room. Oddly enough this picture was taken seconds before a small earth quake hit that had our hotel shaking for about 8 seconds (not nearly as scary as the typhoon I was in during a trip to Japan in October). Thankfully no damage was done to any buildings and only those in upper floors of buildings felt it.


Taiwan doesn't have good plumbing, anywhere, so you have to drink bottled beverages. These are the complimentary drinks the hotel provided for us. The Pocari Sweat is an odd flavored, yet very satisfying, sports drink.
The worst part of traveling to Taiwan is the time difference. Taiwan is 15 hours ahead of Utah so I never sleep well when I'm there. Usually I fall asleep around 10:00 at night and wake up between 3:30 and 4:00 in the morning. It's unfortunate because having a bed like this I just wish I could sleep for 10 hours a night while I'm there.
All said and done it's good to be home. I feel very grateful for a job that provides for my family. And I'm grateful to have a family that a job can provide for. Amy is always a great support while I'm on these trips. Holding the fort down and dealing with our girls is not an easy task. She's got the real full-time job in the family and doesn't get near the $146,000 estimated annual salary stay-at-home moms could be making doing the same duties in the workplace. She is getting a break soon though when she'll be visiting her sister in Dallas for a few days. I'm sure that will be the next post you'll read on here. And until you write about it Amy, no watching any March Madness games.
7 comments:
Steve, you make me crazy! But I love you to pieces. Thanks for working so hard for our family. I'll be sure to post my trip so I can participate in this madness of March! Go Duke!!!!!!
You are too funny, Steve. That toilet looks like it belongs in a sci-fi movie. Please oh please tell me you used the bidet and the seat warmer!
Seat warmer, every time. Some times I just sat down on it and read a book because it is such a pleasant experience. Bidet, NO! I used one once on my mission and felt slightly violated so swore to never use them again.
I must say, nice job on the post, you went above and beyond Steve. I don't think I could pay Spence to blog...Good luck holding the fort down this weekend while Amy is gone. Let me know if you need anything!
that is a freaking awesome toilet. I'm loving all the gadgets. I would have spent some good time playing with all it's features. congratulations on the blog post, I hope basketball is now being watched.
That is hilarious!! Loved the post.
Hilarious. I can't wait for what Brian and Kris do when they get ahold of The Superlet idea. The family comics just got better.
Post a Comment