Saturday, April 25, 2009

The MBA Graduate

Well it's official. Steve is a MBA. He now wants me to call him "Master Steve." We will see about that! Seriously though, I am so proud of him. I am so proud of us. I got a little emotional during his graduation, not because it was three hours long (which was enough to cry about), but because I am so glad I married him. The director of the business school had the graduates stand up for certain criteria that they met. Steve stood up for being a married graduate, for meeting his spouse at BYU, and also for being a parent. Then he had all the spouses and children of the graduates stand. I felt very emotional as I stood there holding Brooklyn and waving to Steve. We did it!
Family shot before the graduation ceremony. I left Miss London at home with our wonderful neighbor, and I'm so glad I did. Did I mention it was three hours long? I wish I would have left Brooklyn too.
London loved daddy's tassel. It was a different texture for her. I love this picture of them.
Just after walking across the stage and receiving his diploma. Cheese! His dad was up on the stand, and came down to hug Steve right before his name was called.

We have this same picture pose taken at my graduation in 2003. Why not do it again?
Brooklyn is so glad her daddy is done with school. Now he can afford to buy her more toys and clothes. Yea!
Steve's parents. What a wonderful support they have been to us through school. Steve's mom always sent us starving students home with plenty of left-overs after each Sunday dinner. Steve's dad was there in the Tanner Building, and they had lunch together most days during his first year.
Thanks Matt and Marianne for coming to the long graduation ceremony. You guys are great!
My parents just love Steve. Who doesn't? I was standing next to my mom as we were applauding the graduates and she said, "Steve is such a great kid." They too are so happy I married him.
Time to celebrate! We have a wonderful family. Thanks to all of you who have helped us out in so many ways these past two years. We are so blessed. We love you! Go Cougars!!
TEAM BAKER...WE DID IT!

9 comments:

Chris and Paula said...

Congratulations, Steve!

Chelsey said...

Hooray! That is so Exciting! Congratulation's Steve!

The Anderson Family said...

Congratulations Amy and Steve! I know how you feel and it is an amazing journey you have just been through. It is a wonderful accomplishment that is full of trials, blessings and miracles. What an opportunity... it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it! Congratulations on the new job and being able to stay in the area. We are so grateful to have gotten to know you and hope to cross paths again some day.
--Ipo

The Foys said...

Oh congratulations!! Way to go and graduate :0) I can't wait until Sterling finally is done with school and we can finally be "grown up" You all look so great and that's awesome that you get to stay put for a while!

The Good News said...

Awww, and I even got emotional reading about graduation! Congrats to all four of you! You did it!

Ben and Shara said...

congrats steve!! you made it!!

Mindy said...

Thats awesome! Im so jealous! Good job Steve!! Love all of the family pictures!

Kathy and Daniel said...

I am sooo happy for you guys! I can't wait until it is our turn, but seeing that you guys are done it gives me hope that our time is coming soon! Congrats you guys! I know it has been a long ride!!

Anna BenAnna said...

Way to go! Now to open another chapter!! I'm excited for Brooklyn too - new clothes and toys are the best! Enjoy the workfield!