Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Farewell BYU and Hello Workforce

The MBA's. I took this picture after one of them (Ben) left. But this was Steve's first group of the MBA program, and these guys have been his good friends all the way through. Adamar, Brad, Kallan, and Ben. I'll hopefully get a picture of all five of them at graduation.
As of Friday, Steve will be an MBA Graduate. We are so excited! Going into MBA school, I was very nervous of the time and energy it was going to take for Steve to get through it. I thought we would never see him. But now that these two years are over, I look back and think things ran as smoothly as possible. Yeah, we had an unexpected baby come along half way through but thanks to our wonderful mothers we got through that adjustment well. Steve treated his schooling like a job. He was there every morning by 8am, and would come home around 6pm just in time for dinner. He was usually able to get everything done during those hours, and occasionally he would have things to work on at home in the evenings. His weekends were mostly free to be home with us, and we did actually spend a lot more time together than I thought we would. And with student loans, we went through graduate school pretty comfortably. Yes, we do have to pay those back, but because of them we ate well and the girls had plenty of fresh diapers.

Last week I attended a closing social for the spouses. After the social I drove around where I used to live in Provo when I met Steve. I lived in the cutest townhouse with a green door just south of campus. Steve lived around the corner. There are a lot of really good memories for me on that little block in Provo. I loved that time of my life. I loved attending school at BYU. As I was driving around I felt a little nostalgic. We are done with BYU now. We both got our degrees, worked, came back for more schooling, and now we're done. Probably forever. It's kind of sad. I will miss it. Steve probably will not for a while. I feel so blessed that I got to go to school there, and how I met my wonderful husband there, and for the life we have together now. So blessed!

Steve has accepted a job with a company called Cirque. Cirque is a tech company where they specialize in the touch capabilities on electronics such as lap tops and cell phones. Steve is on their marketing team and is looking forward to marketing these products. He has been working there since March one day a week while in school and will start full time here soon. They are located in Salt Lake and we are excited to stay here. We will probably stay in AF for at least a couple more years, and Steve will make the commute to work each day. He is used to this commute though because Cirque is only a few blocks away from where he used to work at Pepsi. It takes him about 30 minutes each way. We feel so blessed to have a great job for our family and for Steve's career. So blessed!

8 comments:

The Foys said...

Yay! Congrats on being done with school and starting real life!! I'm scared for that time in our lives... I miss Provo and loved going there too. Good luck with everything!! We'll be excited to hear how it goes!

Dane said...

Congratulations on making it through!! That is no small thing. It is amazing how the Lord blesses you when you do what he has asked. We hope the new job is great and that Steve enjoys it.

~ann said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I loved what you wrote - you're a very special person Amy and I am so happy for your family!

Hcatt and Jdogg said...

Congratulations!!! I know it is a huge relief to have him finished with school! I miss you!

Chelsey said...

That is so great that he found a job! I know you guys had been waiting a long time! We are glad you will be sticking around.

Natalie said...

Congratulations to both of you for making it through all that school and everything that it entails!

Crystal Foy Weber said...

Congrats Steve on graduating! That is very exciting! And I love reading what you write, you're sweet and sincere. Let me know if ever need a babysitter, even if an hour is all you can handle being away from your kids :)

Mindy said...

Congratulations!! Thats so nice he got a job there so you dont have to move.