Thursday, December 4, 2008

Husband For Hire and Husband Tag



Yes that is right, my husband is for hire. Not for hire as a husband, I've already got that one taken care of, thanks. He is for hire as a business man in the field of marketing. These pictures were taken just before he left for Dallas on an interview with American Airlines. And the night before he got home from an interview in Idaho Falls with Melaleuca. He is a busy guy, and we miss him so much when he is gone. But I am grateful that he is working so hard to find a great job for our family after he graduates. Steve is a wonderful husband and such a great daddy.

My friend Natalie tagged me a while ago with the husband tag. I will attempt to keep my answers short, even though it seems there is a story for most of these questions.

Where we met: We met at BYU. We both moved into the same ward in the summer of 2001, but we didn't start dating until the next summer.

How long we dated before we got hitched: Eight months. We did "break up" for a month, so I didn't count that. I say "break up" because Steve always says we were not officially together the first time so we didn't really "break up." Whatever!

How long have we been married: Five and a half years.

My favorite features about him: His beautiful blue eyes, and his athletic legs.

My favorite qualities about him: He is so kind to everyone. He is very friendly and can easily strike up a conversation with just about anyone. He is confident. He is smart. He loves his family and we know we are his number one girls.

His nickname for me: "Sugar Mama"

His favorite color: Blue.

His favorite food: Pizza, my Mexican Lasagna, really anything... he loves all foods and everything I make.

His favorite sport: Basketball. He loves to play it, watch it, and analyze it. He was so happy when London was born in March because he got to hold her and sit on the couch watching March Madness. All that sitting was justified in his mind because he was "taking care of the baby" too. He also LOVES football. BYU football to be exact. I have laughed at him this football season because after each BYU game he received a few phone calls where he and his brothers and friends would then analyze the game. That gets another whatever!

Who said the "L" word first: I'm pretty sure he did. It happened after I took him to a Utah Jazz game. We walked over to Temple Square after the game and talked and talked and talked. It was a few days later that he said the "L" word. That night had sealed the deal. He knew he couldn't let me get away after taking him to a Jazz game.

When was our first kiss: It FINALLY happened at our good friends wedding reception on January 18th (I think) 2003. We left the reception and walked around the country club it was held in. He was SO NERVOUS! When we kissed for the first time all of a sudden we saw a flash of lights and heard our friends yelling from inside the reception. They were obviously anxious for this kiss to happen too.

Favorite couple thing to do: Just be together. Whether it is talking, taking walks, playing games, playing with the kids, watching movies, eating ice cream, and on and on.

How many kids: Two beautiful and energetic girls. Brooklyn and London. No we didn't plan to name our kids after cities/bridges. It has just happened, and I don't think we will continue the trend.

His hidden talents: He plays the piano very well and he sings like an angel, he he. He has great handwriting. He is a math whiz. And he makes a mean breakfast burrito.

His favorite pastimes: Basketball, football, mountain biking, fishing, playing the Wii, and spending time with his girls of course.

Will he read this: Yes.

I tag my high school friends:
Dyanna in ID
Kathy in NV
Mindy in AZ

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Cute tag! Does this mean hes almost done with school?! Ahh Im so jealous!

Natalie said...

Fun! I'm glad you did it! I just love hearing peoples love stories.

Amy said...

And you have his sisters to thank for teaching him to be such a good husband! :)

Can I have the mexican lasagna recipe?

Ben and Shara said...

yeah, a new blog. How did the interviews go? Any news on where you are heading next? Don't move too soon okay, you still have one more semester right?

The husband tags are so great they are just a little in site on each couples lives eh?

Kathy and Daniel said...

I love this tag, so cute to hear how you guys met!!

Gary and Kristen Baker said...

We were just thinking about the first time we met YOU Amy...for Kristen and I it was at one of Steve's Intramural Basketball Games, and for the kids it was at Grandma's house and you helped paint the girl's toenails!