Sunday, September 13, 2015

Baby Time - Welcome Baby Cole

 I was 38 weeks pregnant and I had only been dilated about 1cm for a few weeks.  My due date was July 9, and I was thinking I would actually be going into July with this one.  Something totally new for me!  But on my 35th birthday, June 24th, things got interesting.  It was a good day, relaxing, and fun.  I took an afternoon nap, woke up and started cleaning because I had a couple hours until going out to dinner for my big day.  I cleaned both bathrooms upstairs, and vacuumed too.  Shortly before Steve got home at 6:00pm I started feeling some very light contractions.  We went out to dinner and did some shopping afterwards.  All the while I kept having contractions.  We called Steve's sister Jill when we got home and gave her the heads up, as she was our go-to lady.  As we got the girls ready for bed, we went through the routine of what to do if mom and dad are at the hospital in the morning when they woke up.  But we didn't tell them what was happening.  We got them to bed, cleaned up around the house, and finished packing for the hospital.  At about 10pm my contractions were close and intense, so we asked Jill to come over.  She and Grace came pretty quickly, we went over the routine for the girls, then headed to the hospital about 10:30ish.  The picture above is just after we checked into the hospital and before I got all hooked up.  I have never gone into labor like this before so I was nervous that I would still be hardly dilated and they would send me home.  I was dilated to a 5, so they kept me and got me going.  I got my epidural right about midnight, started pushing just before 2am (pushed for 10ish minutes which felt like forever...thought he'd just slip right out), and baby boy was born at 2:04am on June 25th.  He didn't want to share his birthday with me.
 He came out screaming, and pink as could be.  He was perfect!
7 pounds 15 ounces, 21 inches
 First snuggles
 We went to the hospital with two names in mind; Cole and Jackson.  We wanted to see him before we decided.  When we first saw him we both thought he looked like a Cole.  But decided to wait to make it official.



 Later that morning Jill brought London and Madison over to the hospital to meet their little brother.  Brooklyn was at summer school, and we thought it would be better anyway for Steve to bring her over on her own when she got home.  These two were so excited to see and hold their baby.  It was so interesting to have them both tell us he also looked like a Cole to them.  It was pretty much confirmed then.  But we still waited to make it official.  :)

 With cousin Grace, who spoiled them while mama was in the hospital.




 First Family shot.  Brooklyn isn't a fan of hospitals, or pictures, so this is actually pretty good.  She was uneasy meeting Cole in that setting.

 Grandma Baker visited.
 London dug my hospital bed...
 and her new baby brother.
 We made Cole his official name the night before we left for home.
Cole Henry Baker
 My wonderful nurses supplied me with my favorite Lorna Doone shortbread cookies during my stay.
 Steve ran the American Fork Canyon Half Marathon with good friend Josh on June 27th, then came and picked me and Cole up at the hospital.  
 Ready to go home with our new little buddy.

1 comments:

Rose said...

You have a precious family!