I recently had the opportunity to travel to Europe on a business trip. Intel has introduced a new reference design into the notebook world, branding this new design 'Ultrabook'. These are new high powered, thin and light laptops that essentially are meant to be the PC version of the MacBook Air. I have to admit they are pretty much awesome and I wish I could own two, or three, or seven of them. As part of the initiative to introduce Ultrabooks to the market Intel has been doing Ultrabook Symposiums throughout the world. These symposiums introduce to different vendors all the different hardware/software that is available for Ultrabooks. My company, Cirque, was invited to participate in these symposiums in Europe. For those unaware of my awesome company we specialize in capacitive touch technology. In the notebook market we make touchpads.
Intel invited us to specifically show off some of our newest technology, NFC integrated touchpads, which will be shipping in notebooks in the next year or so, at some of these symposiums in Europe. If you want to see how cool NFC touchpads are you can read about them here: http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/11/cirque-shows-off-its-glidepoint-nfc-trackpad-built-into-a-laptop/
I have to admit this was probably the best business trip ever. I was able to go to London, Berlin, and Barcelona over the course of 7 days. Fortunately, I also had enough time to get out and do some really fast sight-seeing in each of the cities. I served my mission in London (came home in March 2000 so its been a while since I've been there) and was so excited to go back. All in all, a very successful business trip. Worst part about it all was Amy wasn't able to go with me. Hopefully, I'll be able to take her back soon.
Pics from London:
2 months ago
3 comments:
That's so cool! Looks like a great trip.
Steve--
You remember the last time you came home and I headed out there not too long after? Same thing is happening this time. Chris and I get to go to London, Paris, Rome, Sienna, and Vatican City in about a month and a half. I'm so excited to see London but some new things as well!
How fun you got to go back. I hope you get to take Amy with you next time.
I just have one question . . . did you kiss the streets of London? (If you recall, you asked me to do that for you when I went last time!)
Paula
Steve, Ben and I were living in London from Jan-May of 2000.
Which ward were you serving in? We served in different wards (I can't think of their names at the moment). We only attended the Hype park ward a few times. Where were you during that time?
Post a Comment