Saturday, September 3, 2011

Welcome Baby Madison

Saturday, August 27...our last picture as a family of four. I made it to 38 weeks and 4 days this pregnancy and I was ready to be done! The day before (Friday) my doctor laughed as he came in the room to see me. He laughed because I was still pregnant when I was convinced that I was going to go early again. I told him I was ready to be done. He checked me and decided that I was "favored" to deliver any time. He even joked and called me a menace to society because my water could break just walking around Costco. He looked at his calendar, then asked if I wanted to have my baby on Sunday. What!? As in two days away? I like even numbers, so Sunday, the 28th sounded great! I called Steve on the way out of the office and asked him if Sunday was good for him to have our baby, and could he take the next week off of work. Sure, was his answer. It's kind of funny to plan a birth this way, but it was also so nice. We arranged with Steve's mom to come over with the girls that day, had everything packed, and I cleaned my house like a mad woman. All set!
38 weeks! This is what happens when you pray and pray to carry your baby full term.
Sunday, August 28th...our first picture as a family of five. Here is how it all went down...
Sunday, August 28, 2011; Steve and I headed over to the hospital at 7am. We checked in and went straight to our room.
Last pregnant belly shot. I tested positive for the Group B Strep, so I had to have four hours of the antibiotics in my system before delivery. That was annoying, but it gave us a chance to rest, talk, and Steve even started reading me a book. After about two hours of the antibiotics the nurse started me on pitocin. After another hour my contractions were uncomfortable enough and I got my epidural. I love epidurals! I felt so warm and comfortable once it was going and was able to relax and enjoy the next part. Shortly after the epidural kicked in my doctor came and broke my water. They gave me the last of the antibiotics at the four hour mark, then we waited another hour until I was ready to push. I pushed through 3 or 4 contractions and then our little girl was here. First thing we all noticed was her black hair. Oh the hair! She had so much hair and the nurses couldn't stop gushing over her. "Cutest baby of the week," they declared.
She was perfect! Pink body, great cry, and healthy. We feel so blessed.

Introducing Madison Ann Baker. Born August 28, 2011 at 1:39 pm. 7lbs., 8oz., 19.5in. Cute as can be!
Steve went home and brought back a couple of anxious big sisters.
Grandma and Grandpa Baker came too to meet Miss Madison, their 34th grandchild.
Sweet shot! London is in heaven with a baby of her own. She has been waiting a long time for Madison to make her appearance.
The next day the big sisters came back for a visit. Brooklyn did really well with Madison this day and we got some cute shots of her. London enjoyed the yummy hospital food.
I love this picture of Steve and Madison. She looks like a little wise owl with her eyes opened so wide.
And then some shots of Steve and the three girls. He is a wonderful daddy to his girls.

Tuesday was the big day to come home. It was also Brooklyn's first day of Kindergarten. Very emotional day for me! Steve and Brooklyn came to pick Madison and I up from the hospital after school, and we headed home with a little addition to our family.
Welcome to the family Madison Ann.

Ready or not...here we go!

19 comments:

Matt, Dyanna and Co. said...

She is so beautiful! I LOVE her hair! :) Congratulations! Your family is adorable! (and you look great too!)

The Foys said...

Oh congrats congrats congrats! She is beautiful just like you and the rest of your girls. We are so happy for you guys! And love the hair :0)

Kristin said...

Sooo precious! I'm happy for you guys! I hope you're recovering well. Congratulations!

Heidi said...

Congratulations!! :D

Mr. Winfree said...

She is beautiful and so so cute! Congratulations!

Lisa & Joel said...

She's perfect! Beautiful pictures. Hope kindergarten is going well :)

Spencer said...

You look gorgeous in all your hospital pictures!! Glad she is here, and you are home and everything went so perfectly. Love ya girl.

Chelsea said...

I am sure Spencer would agree....but that is my comment.

McEwen Family said...

Oh my goodness Amy!!!! She is so cute and just beautiful! I love love love her hair! What a little doll! So excited for your newest addition! Congrats you guys!

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

She is so cute! Sounds like the perfect delivery! I'm glad everything went well!

Aubrey said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Since I never made it to see you, I will call you in a few weeks to stop by.

Natalie said...

What a sweetie! Congrats!

Carla said...

Gads, I don't even have that much hair!! She looks like a China doll in some of the pics--sooooo cute. Congratulations and I hope everyone is doing well.

Mike and Crystal said...

Congratulations Baker family! She is so cute, love the hair :)

Mindy said...

Congratulations! Shes a little doll! Sounds like a perfect labor and delivery!

Peg said...

She is just gorgeous! Congratulations!

Peg said...

And Madison is another city for a cute name!

~ann said...

I love that picture of you with Madison and London - London's face is adorable. :) Love you guys!

Ben and Shara said...

Thanks for putting the story up. I'm glad things went so well. She is beautiful. I can't wait to see what you are going to do with all her hair!!