Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

I had another wonderful Mother's Day this year. I am so grateful to be a mother to my Brooklyn and London. My dad has often reminded me that I am living my dream, as growing up I always said I wanted to be a mother. That reminder comes in helpful at times when I feel I am at my wits end in my motherhood responsibilities. I am so grateful for Steve as my teammate and greatest support in our role as parents. I am grateful for my wonderful mother and the many lessons she taught me as well as her loving example in all things. I am also grateful for my sweet mother-in-law who is patient and also very loving to all.
These are a couple of flower bouquets I made for our mothers. Above are the hands of the 29 Baker Grandchildren. And below are the hands of the 4 Robinson Grandchildren. I made the Robinson bouquet first and thought it was so cute and little. Then I made the Baker bouquet and I had to laugh at how huge it turned out. And there will be three more hands to add in the next few months.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I love those bouquets! What a great idea!

Chelsea said...

They turned out cute! Bigger the better, that's my motto...for most things :) right? Anyway, you look so pretty in that pic from Mother's Day. Loved the dress!!

Mr. Winfree said...

What a fun idea! I might have to borrow that one sometime. By the way--who's having the babies? I know one, but not sure of the other two. -Paula

thegehmclan said...

You always have the best ideas! So creative!

Amy Baker said...

Paula, the three babies are: Gary and Kristen due in Sept. (their 7th); Matt and Marianne due in October (their 1st); and Brian and Kris due in November (their 9th). Yeah, I said 9th. This Baker family just keeps growing and growing.

Natalie said...

Those bouquets are so cute! My mom's bouquet would be really small as Paige is the first grandchild:) But I'll have to make one of those for Brad's mom, she would love it. Such a good idea!