Saturday, May 22, 2010

Girls Nights

October of last year I hosted my first Girls Night. That is not the first time I thought of putting something like this together, but it is finally when it happened. I had been thinking for a while that I needed/wanted more friends. I just wanted a little more and something different. Steve went to Japan for a week that October, and I decided that week was when Girls Night needed to start. I called up probably around 20 girls in my ward who live right around me and invited them over to my house one evening. 12 girls came! That was exciting. And that nice turn out told me I was not the only one who needed an evening out with just the girls. Now it has become a regular monthly thing. Someone different hosts Girls Night each month. We usually meet up at their home and enjoy talking while eating yummy treats. This month we got out and went bowling. I really enjoy these Girls Nights especially because I have formed great friendships with these fun girls.
Here is another night out with some wonderful girls. They are my friends from where I used to teach at Orchard Elementary. I love them! I miss them! Paula (the one holding Heidi's baby) is having her first baby and we got together for a baby shower. We had a blast. The shower was supposed to last two hours and I stayed four. It was so fun to get together and catch up with all these wonderful ladies.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Amy, your idea was inspired:) I just love getting together with everyone.

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Amy, so glad you thought of the idea (even though I haven't been to any yet)! Girls night looked like fun at the bowling alley. Sorry, Jeremy and I had a much needed date night. None the less, it looks and sounds like you always have fun.

Chelsea said...

Love girls nights!! Fabulous idea. Bowling was super fun.

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

I agree with everyone. Girls night is awesome. Thanks for getting it going!