I was having an itch to go see my sister and I wanted to bring London along to play with her cousin Taylor who is just one week older than her. I brought this idea up to Steve, and we thought about it for a bit. He called me from work one day and said he had the perfect idea of when to go. March 18th is when March Madness began and he has always wanted to stay home and watch every basketball game on that weekend. I was also thinking then because that day was Taylor's birthday and I thought it would be fun to be there for that, and London would still fly free. It was a win win for us all. Steve stayed home with Brooklyn and watched entirely too much basketball with out a wife to nag him, and London and I went to Dallas.
It was a full flight on the way there, so London sat on my lap. It was tight quarters, but she did really well. Ann and Taylor picked us up from the airport. We then picked Logan up and headed to the mall in Plano for some lunch, play, and a train ride.We never got a shot of them all looking at us. They had so much fun in the little playground. Logan was so sweet with London and helped her around.
This was the funnest little train. London had a huge smile on her face the whole time. The glare is awful, but I was really glad they were locked in there with no way to get out.
That night we gave the girls' a bath together. They were so funny and cute!
The next day Ann had planned a ladybug birthday party for both Taylor and London. And of course she went all out and it was lots of fun and very fabulous! We had it at a park in Wylie. She got the girls cute little ladybug shirts with their names on them, darling red and black tutus, and matching hair bows. Super cute! Their little friends, Carter and Clara joined in on the party.
London wouldn't cooperate to sit on the bench with the others.
The mama's and the birthday girls. London was fighting to get off my lap, so that was interesting.
Logan and Taylor.
London was in heaven with all of the treats.
Taylor and Ann.
We played a musical leaf game. Here is Taylor sitting on her leaf getting ready to play. When we started the music the kids ran around in a circle then stopped on a leaf when the music ended. Well Miss London took a treat in each hand and went and stood on a leaf and watched the kids run around her. She was too content to join in.
Then came the really fun part. Ann released 4,500 live ladybugs and gave the kids all bug catchers and nets to go collect them. This was the real March Madness! I was so excited for this part. I couldn't wait to see what London would do. I just knew she would love it. WRONG!!! She wouldn't go near them. Major disappointment!
London was happy enough to watch the other kids go wild over the ladybugs, she just didn't want them touching her.
Ann and London with the ladybugs. London seriously chowed down on treats pretty much the entire time.
The birthday girls decided to make a run for it towards the playground.
London loves the slide.
Mama and London on the swing. I love this shot!
The next day we finished the party at Ann's house. It was crazy weather in Dallas that weekend which put a kink in the original plan. So the party continued...London putting her spot on the ladybug for that game.
Taylor, London, and the cute ladybug cake.
Then they opened some presents. London insisted on wearing the blindfold from the ladybug spot game to open this present.
She got a princess coloring book with colored pencils. She immediately started coloring. Big hit!
It was a great party. Ann, you sure know how to do it right!
That night London and Taylor got into Logan's closet and were as busy as can be. They found these Harry Potter glasses, and we were all laughing at these cute girls wearing them.
The last day. Ann and I getting a picture before London and I headed home.
London, me, and Logan. Logan was the cutest little guy. He played so well with London and he even shared his room with me. You're the best Logan. We had such a wonderful trip. Ann was the perfect host. She has such a beautiful home and she made us feel so welcome and special.On the flight home London got her own seat. Hooray! She loved buckling and unbuckling her seat belt. She also loved the drink and cookie from the airplane. She was a good traveler.
At home. Unpacked. Sitting in the suitcase. I think she's ready to go again. It was a great trip for everyone in our family. While London and I had a great time in Dallas, Steve and Brooklyn enjoyed the weekend together at home. It was nice to be reunited as a family again. I came home to a squeaky clean home. Steve cleaned the bathrooms, swept and vacuumed the floors, and the best thing he did was clean off his dresser! He must love me! He is already planning my trip for next year's March Madness. Like I said, he must love me...and basketball too!
2 months ago
8 comments:
What a fun trip! I love the picture of you and London on the swing together!
Im so glad that you two had a fun girls trip to dallas!
You got some really great pictures. You and your sister are so cute!!
Thats so fun that they are a week apart! What a great party! You and Ann are so pretty!
I love all the candid pictures...especially the ones of London eating. Reminds me of nursery! :)
I hope your scrapbook that picture. How fun to have a girls trip with just your momma! London is so lucky, you have to scrapbook it just so that she remembers later all the attention that she got that weekend.
I love that picture of you guys in the slide. It looks like a fun trip!!
I love her ladybug outfit! So cute! Sister trips are so fun and even better to get to bring London too!
Post a Comment