Steve took me on a fun little get-a-way to Las Vegas last week. It was a business trip for him. He went to the CES (Consumer Electronic Show) both days. But he was done early in the evenings, so we had plenty of time to get out and have fun. We flew in early Thursday morning. Later that night we met up with my family at the Mandalay Bay to see the Lion King. It was amazing! I loved it. We all did. The costumes just blew me away. I loved the music too. It was such a great show!My brothers Matt, Michael, Dad, Mom, me, and Steve.
Sitting in our seats anxiously awaiting the show.
All the boys with Scar after the show.
This is Rafiki, one of my favorite characters. She sang my favorite song of the show too..."He Lives in You."
Friday morning we ran down to the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign. We stayed in the Excalibur, so it wasn't a very far run...but it seemed pretty far because we haven't been running lately. I've been sore from that run ever since. Steve went to the show again Friday and I went and visited my brother Matt in his new apartment. That night we went out to dinner and a movie. We saw The Blind Side. Great movie! Steve especially loved it and hasn't stopped talking about it since. After the movie we went to the Bellagio to check out the indoor flower garden. It was being worked on so we couldn't go inside. So our picture is from outside the entrance and it's not that great.We flew home Saturday and found things well here. Steve's parents stayed with our girls and they took such good care of them. Brooklyn was sick while we were gone, and we probably shouldn't have left her. But everyone survived somehow. It was a great get-a-way. Thanks for the fun time Steve!
2 months ago
13 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun!
I saw Lion King in London and LOVED it. Sounds like you guys had a great getaway. We're still wanting to go see Blind Side. We've only heard good things about it. Glad you had some fun! -Paula
I would love to see the Lion King- so jealous! Glad you were able to get away and have some fun :)
I love taking trips. Im glad you guys had a great time and yes the blind side is a great movie!
How fun! I am dying to see The Lion King, so I am feeling very jealous as I will probably not get the chance. Looks like you had a fun quickie vacation!
I think we are going to see blind side this weekend, I have heard so many great things about it. Glad you got to go do all those fun things! I bet it was relaxing for you to have some time alone!
What a fun little getaway. I'm dying to see the Lion King-hopefully on one of these Vegas trips.
I'm so happy you guys were able to get away! I've always wanted to see Lion King--I bet the costuming and music is amazing! Blind Side is also on our list to see...
wow, I haven't seen the show in a long time, but I do remember being in awe of the costumes and animals. I'd love to see it again.
Looks like so much fun! I'm so happy you guys were able to get away. You definitely deserved it.
hey, time to ditch the christmas look.
I love checking your blog too! And I love Las Vegas! :)
That is so nice to get away! Sounds like a fun trip!
Post a Comment