Last weekend I met my mom and my sister in San Francisco for a girls weekend. My parents lived in San Francisco when they attended dental school about 30 years ago. I was born there. We all love that city. And since Wicked was playing there, that was our destination of choice.
Day One: Mom and Ann picked me up from the airport nice and early and we drove out to Half Moon Bay. We walked along this great path right on the ocean. I kept wishing I had my running gear on, because I wanted to join all the other runners on the trail. It was beautiful, and a little chilly.
When Ann and I were just little girls our parents would take us out to Half Moon Bay to the pumpkin patches every season. Here my mom wanted to re-create that moment.
After the beautiful drive out to Half Moon Bay we drove into San Francisco and went right down to Fisherman's Wharf. At the end of Pier 39 is a great place to get a shot of the Golden Gate Bridge.We stopped by to see the noisy Sea Lions basking in the sunlight.
After our sour dough bread bowls with clam chowder on the wharf, we then we headed over to Golden Gate Park. We got out and walked quite a bit. Again I was wishing I was running on the paths of this beautiful park. Next time. We walked over to the Conservatory of Flowers, one of San Francisco's landmarks.
After the park we headed over to Ghirardeli Square and had dinner and dessert. You really can't beat a Hot-Fudge Sunday from there!
Day Two: We had brunch at the Cliff House. This restaurant is literally on the "cliffs". It is so beautiful to look out at the ocean while enjoying the delicious food there.
Next stop was Wicked at the Orpheum Theater on Market Street in downtown San Francisco. LOVED IT!!! This show was amazing! It was better than I could have ever imagined. I loved the music so much and haven't stopped singing it since.
Day Three: We went to church, but the meeting was pushed back until later because they were combining a couple of wards for the primary program. Oh well. We went back down to the wharf and shopped around until our ferry left for Alcatraz Island.
On the ferry out to Alcatraz with the beautiful Bay Bridge behind me.
Ann with her "Defy Gravity" shirt from Wicked. Love it! This is a great shot of San Francisco in the background.
On the audio tour on Alcatraz with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.In the jail cells. This was my second time on Alcatraz. I think this place is so cool. It is a must see when you visit San Francisco.
We had a wonderful weekend together. It was very nice to leave the kids behind and do some relaxing. Thanks mom and Ann for a fun, fun time! Farewell San Francisco...until next time.
2 months ago
9 comments:
Oh my goodness what a super fun trip! I'm totally jealous of you!
I am going to San Diego, just me and my mom on the 21st. Not for site seeing, but to visit her Aunt. But you got me exciting about going!
So fun, I glad you all had a great trip. I'll have to follow your tour guide when I get a chance to go to SF.
Hi Amy. Looks like you and your mom and sister had a great time. I used to work in SF and I miss all the great things it has to offer; it's such a great place to visit. Glad you got to go and relax. I hope Fort Baker was still standing when you got back!!
You finally saw WICKED! Yay! I'm not surprised that you love it. Your trip looked like so much fun! I'm so glad you got to get away and have some fun with your Mom and Sis. Hope the girls are being good for you while Steve's away.
AHHH! I am so JEALOUS! Bonnie and I LOVE WICKED..and Sammi too. I play the CD every morning while we clean up. Good times!
How fun! I just love San Francisco and I think I've actually been to most of the places you showed (I've been there quite a few times and love it every time.). Now I am really wanting to be sitting on the wharf!
I've been dying to see Wicked--it's one I haven't seen yet. It looks like you had such a fun time!
-Paula
your trip looks like so much fun. did you love wicked? i think it's my favorite.
Post a Comment