I'd like to say it was love at first sight when I first met Steve. But that's not exactly what happened. It took us a little while to realize it was love. But when we did realize it, we went for it and it seems to be working very well. ;) On the other hand, it was love at first sight when I first started watching Roger Federer play tennis. Steve would probably say the same for him. We have been watching Fed play tennis for our whole marriage. He's amazing, and seems to be a pretty good guy too. We have a picture of him and his family up on our fridge along with all of our family members. That's probably a little weird, but oh well. We love him, and I especially love him. Steve's ok with it. He's my celebrity crush, along with Tim McGraw, so it's ok. In March the master series of tennis puts on a fabulous tournament in Indian Wells, California, and Roger plays there every year. We've always wanted to see him at Wimbledon in London, but that isn't realistic for us right now. California is a lot more doable. We talked about how great it would be to go, and my wonderful Steve made it happen. It was the best!!! We dropped the girls off with my parents in Vegas, then drove to Indian Wells for two glorious (and crazy hot) days of tennis. I was 22 weeks pregnant and excited to have a little boy future tennis player in my tummy. Getting him started early. We saw all the tennis stars live that we have been watching for years. Above is Juan Martin del Potro from Argentina. We were feet away from him on the practice court. So cool. He seemed like a giant in person.
Here he is...Mr. Federer. Have I mentioned that I love him? We were lucky to get to see him the first day play in a doubles match. It was an amazing experience to see him walk out on the court, practice, then play. Amazing! Steve made sure I had the proper RF accessory for the tournament. I loved wearing that hat.
That night we watched Rafa Nadal from Spain out on the practice courts. The practice courts were so awesome, because that's where we saw the players best. Sadly, we never saw Roger practice. We watched Nadal practice for a good half hour. Steve was mesmerized by him and took tons of pictures. Again....awesome!!!
We watched Number 1 Novac Djokovic play that first night as well.
The next morning we watched Number 4 Andy Murray from Great Britain practice for about an hour. We were so close to him. I even caught one of his balls hit over the fence. I had to fight for it a little bit, but I got it. The other guy didn't want to mess with this pregnant woman. Andy Murray's coach is former women's player Amelie Mauresmo, who we used to watch. Double awesome!
Inside the big arena watching Number 1 Serena Williams.
After Serena it was Roger's turn for a singles match. He's in orange on the far side of the net. It was just so great to see him and all the other player live.
After his match, we waited outside for a while to see if we could get him to sign my hat. We waited and waited, but he never came.
Best husband ever! Too bad he couldn't find a RF hat to fit him too. ;)
Had to get a shot with the Rolex clock, a big presence at every tennis tournament.
We finished up our last day court side on the first row. After sitting up in very top section for Nadal's game, a nice guy came up to me and gave us his fourth row tickets for the last night match. It was a women's match of no one we knew. It was amazing to be so close. The whole two days were a dream come true for me. We had a blast and hope to go again soon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment