I had the great opportunity, and the funnest time going to a couple of days of Girls Camp this summer. It was an amazing experience for me. The Young Women in our ward are the greatest girls. I was so uplifted by all of them. The spirit I felt at camp with them was the best! It was just what I needed, to get away from normal life and camp with a bunch of cool girls and women. Our ward is great, and so is our stake. We had the most wonderful devotionals, flag ceremonies, socials, and meals together. We camped at Heber Valley Girls Camp which is not even half way completed, but still hosted 17 groups of girls the same week we were there. They want more stakes and wards to be able to attend because it really is luxurious camping, and intended especially for girls. My days at camp really strengthened my testimony in several ways. I think our church is so cool for constructing and dedicating a beautiful camp where girls can get together and feel the spirit, to bond with each other, to strengthen each other, and to have so much fun together. These girls are the future women of the church. They sang cute lyrics to popular songs, one was a Beyonce song where they sang about only dating a returned missionary, going to the temple, and wearing their skirts to their knees. And I believed them as they sang and danced. They are building strong foundations which will help them as wives and mothers, Young Women leaders, visiting teachers, PTA Presidents, and righteous women. We will be in good hands with these girls as our leaders.
I kind of got pressured into doing the high rope course while there at camp. I have never done anything like it before. It was a little scary, but I'm so glad I did it. All harnessed in above.
I climbed up at shaky rope ladder then walked across these planks, all while about 30-35 feet up.
Then I zip-lined down. I loved my experience at girls camp. I can't wait to go again next year.
2 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment