Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Melissa's Baby Shower

 I threw a baby shower for our good friend Melissa on October 20th.  Melissa is from our old ward and townhome neighborhood.  She was called to be Brooklyn's special helper at church.  She started when Brooklyn was in nursery and stayed with her until we moved (four years).  She was so wonderful and patient with Brooklyn, and she just loved her.  The last year we lived in the ward, Steve and I were both called into Young Men's and Young Women's.  On mutual nights Melissa would come over and babysit our girls so we could go do our callings.  She was so wonderful to our family and especially to Brooklyn.  We are so grateful for her willingness to serve us.  She is an angel.  We love her!  Being that it is pumpkin season and that I'm slightly obsessed with pumpkins...guess what the theme of the shower was?  PUMPKINS!!  Pink and brown ones to welcome her baby girl.
 The Food.



 Pumpkins everywhere!  My sweet mom made these darling fabric pumpkins when I told her about my ideas for the shower.  Thanks mom!


 A couple years ago I did a pink and brown pumpkin baby shower where I painted the pumpkins.  This time I wanted to try some cute ribbon.  I just love the way they turned out!  Another big thanks to my friend Stefanie for coming over and making bows with me.  She also made both of the breakfast casseroles above.  Thank goodness for good friends and moms!



2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Very Cute! Wish I could have come!

Heidi said...

I love your decorating ideas--what fun! I wish I would have been able to come!