We made our way over to the Olympic Park, saw more fall colors, the bob sled track, and the practice ski jump runs which end with a pool (below).
There was a great museum of everything Olympics from when it was held here in Salt Lake City in 2002. It was awesome and took me back to those days. It was so exciting to have the Olympics here. I loved being a part of it. The girls immediately climbed in this bob sled.
Then we headed over to Main Street and met this friendly bear. We had lunch, then the weather got crazy so we headed back to the car. We made a quick stop at the bathroom while Steve and Brooklyn ran to get the car. I totally strapped Madison in this handy little chair (I'm sure it was covered in germs) while I took my turn. We all laughed as Maddie sat and enjoyed herself and stayed out of trouble for a minute. So funny!
Another highlight of fall break for me was the Highland Oktoberfest 10K. I totally rocked this race and set a PR of 53:52. I took second place in my age division and earned a cool medal. Steve and the girls met up with me the last half mile of the race and drove along side me, then parked up ahead and cheered as I ran by. They drove by again as I was nearing the finish line and Steve yelled at me to push it harder and pass the girl in front of me. So I did!
The last blog worthy event of fall break was our annual trip to Pumpkin Land. I just love pumpkin season! First we made our way through the kid-friendly corn maze.
We admired the beautiful sunflowers and pumpkins.
We posed for fun pictures.
We picked out the perfect pumpkins.
We enjoyed the warm sunny day and being together as a family. It was a great fall break.
3 comments:
Looks like so much fun! And great job on your race!!!
Congrats on the medal and new PR!! Cute pictures at pumpkinland. I too made a little trip to Park City a couple weeks ago to the outlets...they are the best! Miss ya.
Fun updates, love all the pics :) Cute girls!
Post a Comment