Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fancy Nancy Tea Parties

In July most of the Baker side of the family was in town, so all the girls got together for a Fancy Nancy Tea Party. It was darling! My mother-in-law went all out with the cutest finger foods for a very fancy tea party indeed! I dressed the girls in tutus, then went to my friend Sharalee's for my outfit and jewelry. We were very fancy ladies!
London and some cousins sitting down ready to eat.
Some more of our fancy girl cousins.
For a game they pinned accessories on Fancy Nancy herself. Brooklyn got really into this game, notice the curled tongue below. Great concentration!
London loved being so dressed up. She even let me put these little earrings on her. And she kept them on the entire time! And she loved the shoes. Brooklyn had the same shoes in pink, but I couldn't keep them on her. We had a fabulous time with our cousins dressed up so fancy.
Love this pose of London above. And below are the name cards I made for our tea party. My sister will be so proud!
When I went over to Sharalee's house for my Fancy Nancy attire, we decided to do a Fancy Nancy Tea Party for some little ladies around here...so now onto our second party...

Same outfits for the girls, but I had to come up with my own this time! I have had this dress since I was 16. It is a great tea party dress, don't you think?
I got to read the girls a couple Fancy Nancy books. As a teacher story time was my favorite part of the day. I absolutely loved having all my kids at my feet and sharing a fun story together. I felt right in my element here! Below is a front view of all the fancy girls quietly listening.
Then it was time to eat. Everyone brought finger foods and the little ladies enjoyed every last bite!
We did a couple of crafts. The girls made puzzles and masks. My girls really enjoy coloring.


Here all all the Fancy Nancies in their fabulous masks.
And here are a couple of picture of what we brought to the tea party. Have I ever said I have the best husband in the world? Well I do! He made these cute little peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut out in the shapes of butterflies and flowers. He made them until he ran out of two loaves of bread. AND he made the cute little name cards this time. AND as we were rushing out the door to the party, the button on Brooklyn's hair clip fell off. With out a word Steve ran to get the hot glue gun, and seconds later the button was back in its place. He saved the day! Below are some cookies I made and I totally copied my sister-in-law (Amy) who made them at the other Fancy Nancy Party. I swear I get all my best ideas and recipes from the ladies on both sides of the family.
I think I am all Fancy Nancied out for now!

10 comments:

Mindy said...

Adorable! I totally remember your dress!

Mike and Crystal said...

That is such a fun thing to do with the girls! Loved it!

Heidi said...

What a fun idea! Maybe we'll have to spread some Fancy Nanciness, too. :)

Chelsea said...

Love the little name cards you made, so cute. And those cookies were seriously delish! Someday I will have a girl and get to take part in the fanciness...until then...

Kristin said...

Super adorable.

kbtibbs said...

What a fun idea! SO CUTE. Those cookies are so fun.

Natalie said...

You guys looked so adorable outside having your little party the other day! They were all so dolled up and cute! And I'm very impressed with Steve's hot glue gun skills:)

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

It's like girl's night for the little girls. So fun!

Peg said...

I love Fancy Nancy! What a great idea!

Ben and Shara said...

Your sandwiches and cookies were awesome! And you are right, you reading a book to all the little ladies does seem right up your ally!

I don't think I have any dresses from when I was 16 that would still fit me. You are amazing to be so healthy and fit!