Steve and I got released from our calling as the Marriage and Family Relations Sunday School teachers. It was a fun calling for the two of us to have together...even though we didn't always teach together because of Brooklyn sometimes needing us in nursery. But it was a fun class to teach and we really got to know more people in our ward because of it. My new calling is to teach Sunday School for the 12 and 13 year olds. I went in there on Sunday to get a feel for the class, and when I walked in I saw a very familiar sight. Most of the boys were leaning back in their chairs up against the walls. I totally remember that when I was that age. The class is mostly boys, only three girls. They can be a bit "rowdy" but they seem pretty well mannered and very smart! It should be an interesting calling for me. I think it will be great. Steve was called (at the beginning of February) to be the Elders Quorum President in our ward. This is a big job, but Steve is up for the challenge. We love our ward here in American Fork.
2 months ago
4 comments:
Hey, I found your blog browsing through the Hokes list of friends. Mind if I add you guys to my list? My blog is private so you can email your email address at cheesecake300_58@hotmail.com so I can send you an invite. But if you don't want to go to all that trouble you don't have to! Cute kids :)
cherie chadwick
Hey, I've had that calling a few times! I'm sure you'll have fun, just think, you still get to go to RS!
Those are some pretty big callings! You'll have a good time teaching those kids...as for Steve, man he'll have his hands full but you guys will do great!
yeah for new callings. Both of them seem to be a good fit for you two. You've always been a great teacher.
May I suggest that you always have an incentive.
A treat, a reward of some sort. It worked wonders for me at that age. Heck it would work wonders for me now. he he
Post a Comment