Wednesday, March 25, 2009

London's First Birthday


Thanks Auntie Ann for the cute birthday shirt!
Happy Birthday to our darling London Jean. I can't believe a year has passed since she was born. And I can't believe we have all survived this year as well as we have. I will admit that I was very nervous to add another child to the family, but having her has been a great blessing for us all. She is so fun. She makes us smile and laugh constantly. She is this big rolly-polly baby who needs to be in the center of all the action, and she will knock you out of her way to get there. Just recently she has decided to give a big cheesy smile each time we point the camera at her. I was cracking up as I took these above pictures. That's our little ham with four teeth now.
Family shot. Everyone is actually looking at the camera. Amazing!
Don't touch the candle.
Not sure quite what to do now that her hands are free.
"Maybe I'll just take a little lick."
"Wow! This stuff is delicious."
"Mom is right...cream cheese frosting is the best thing on earth!"
We switched to a small cupcake to make the shoveling in a lot easier.
Happy First Birthday London Girl!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness, it's already been a year! Time flies. And she is just so adorable with that big smile. I would smile like that too at a cupcake that big:)

Crystal Foy Weber said...

Happy Birthday London! Her cheesy smile is absolutely adorable :)

The Good News said...

Oh are those cheesy grins the most hilarious and cutest thing EVER??? She is so darling! And who made the cake? I love it! Happy Birthday dear London! We thought of you all day and can't wait til we can play with you!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness Amy, she is just so precious. I loved the idea of a giant cupcake. Too cute! Thanks for the comment on my blog and to answer your question, yes, we had a wonderful time. The Island Dolphin Care staff and experience was amazing. Good to hear from you.

Mindy said...

Shes so cute! That cupcake is huge! Did you make it? Happy Birthday London! Looks like a lot of fun!

Chelsey said...

How darling ! I love her giant cupcake! I love her smile! I have the hardest time getting Norah(and Madilyn) to smile for the camera! Happy Birthday, London!

Dave said...

Oh my! I forgot to call and tell you guys, but that cupcake cake you brought over steve was delish! I wouldn't let Rachel and Jesse eat any...I want some more of that goodness!

McEwen Family said...

time sure does fly! Love all the cute photos! that huge cupcake looks awesome! her birthday girl tee-shirt is so cute!Happy Birthday London!