Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Brooklyn



Brooklyn turned three years old on January 29. Steve had half of the week off of school so we decided to go down to Vegas to celebrate her birthday with my family. All month long we talked about her birthday coming up and we sang the birthday song and played it on the piano a lot so she knew something exciting was going on. We had a fun celebration with my family. She was a little too mesmerized by the flames of the candles to blow them out, even though she had it down from practicing all month. We had a pizza party with a lemon birthday cake. Then she opened up her presents. She got some Sesame Street playing cards (she loves cards), a new purse full of fun little girly things, and some food for her new kitchen. We can't believe we have survived three years with her. She has been one adventure after another. She is a special girl, and we are a lucky family to have her. She has grown so many ways in her three years, and we are excited to see the strides she makes in her next three years. We love you sweet Brooklyn Bean!
We took Brooklyn down to the strip to see the water fountains at the Bellagio and were disappointed to see the crew working on them when we arrived there. Oh well, maybe next time. Steve's favorite thing in the Bellagio is the chocolate fountains. We always visit those and get a taste of the yummy chocolate. My parents were more than happy to babysit the girls, so Steve and I got out a few times which was really nice. Steve has always wanted to eat at a buffet there in Vegas, so this time we made it to one. We ate entirely too much, but it was so good! Thanks mom and dad for a fun few days!

5 comments:

Dane said...

Sounds like it was a great birthday. Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!

Brad said...

There's a giant chocolate fountain somewhere in the world and I didn't know about it? And this wonderful chocolate fountain is in Vegas, which I have definitely been to several times? And I probably walked right past it in oblivion? Time for another trip I daresay.

Natalie said...

Um, that last comment was really from me, not Brad. His appreciation of chocolate is nowhere near mine:)

Tracy said...

Amy,
It was great to hear from you. Yes, I found Molly's blog through you. I don't know what compelled my to click on her link one day but glad that I did. I too am very uplifted spiritually and brought down to reality each time I read it. I constantly think of her family. I can't imagine! It helps me stay more thankful and think about what is really important in life. I check it at least once a week any yours also. I'm sorry I didn't get your e-mail, I mainly use a new one...coffmanhome@gmail.com, but I did see the Christmas card and it was beautiful. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. We were without power for 11 days due to the ice storm. It was unreal. I think every tree within 100 miles of us received damage. It's sad. It was beautiful with fresh ice but the clean up is going to take forever. You would not recognize The Links. Sorry to ramble on it's just been a while. Brooklyn looks adorable in her birthday pictures. What a big girl. great to hear from you.

McEwen Family said...

What a fun time Amy! I'm glad you guys were able to come to Vegas to celebrate Brooklyn's birthday! I love those chocolate fountains too and always get me a crepe when I'm there. Ahh, the perks to living in Vegas!