For our Baker Family Halloween Party we decided to dress up as The Wiggles. This seemed like a very appropriate choice for our family because The Wiggles are a part of our morning everyday. When we drove home from Arkansas Brooklyn watched many hours of the Wiggles, and we have been singing their songs ever since.
Carving pumpkins. Steve made a good old fashioned jack-o-lantern, and I busted out the drill for a polka-dot look. Brooklyn thought this was so fun. She covered her ears each time I drilled though.
Out trick-or-treating. Miss London was a little pea in the pod. She was a great sport and didn't cry once. She was nice and toasty warm too.
There is a family in our neighborhood that goes nuts for Halloween. They have a full on grave yard out front with all sorts of freaky things that move and make sounds. They have two real hurses parked out on their yard and a whole haunted house to the side. This home is a huge attraction all month.
Well the family next door decided to get in on the action and somehow got these two HUGE purple blow-up dinosaurs in their front yard. This was seriously a huge tourist attraction. How fun!
Trick-or-treat! Brooklyn, the lady bug, carried her little Elmo candy basket around and would hold it up for our neighbors to drop candy in. I think she really enjoyed it.
We had a great night trick-or-treating to our wonderful friends and neighbors. The weather was really nice when we were out and it started raining right as we were getting home. This made for not a lot of trick-or-treaters coming around. So that means we have tons of candy left over. I am trying to control myself and not eat it all, but that's not going so well. We hope you had a great Halloween too.
2 months ago
7 comments:
they look so adorable! And I totally did the polka dots as well... (its way easier!) Gald you had a great halloween!
darling costumes! I love the poka dot pumpkin too! how cute are you? You have some crazy neighbors, but it looked like lots of fun!
The Wiggles was a great idea. Where did you get the shirts? Did you make them? How cool.
Also, I thought the drilling of the pumpkins was a "Martha" like moment. You should submit that to her staff. I doubt they've done that. . . did it look cool once you put the light in?
Cute girls! Looks like you guys had so much fun. It also fun to have crazy neighbors that go all out too :)
Holy Cow - a drill?!?! That is so awesome! I'm still laughing! I love the costumes and am also still shocked about the crazy halloween house! How fun :-)
Really cute costumes for the girls. And is that little Miss London sitting up on her own? Love the pumpkins. The polka-dot one is a stroke of genius--drilling is soooo much easier than carving. The jack-o-lantern reminds me of the face on the abominable snowman when the elk dentist removed all of his teeth!
I love the pumpkin with the holes in it. So clever.
It was so good to see you the other night.
Your kids are darling.
Post a Comment