Thursday, December 12, 2013

Merry Christmas 2013


Merry Christmas to our wonderful family and friends!  We have so much to be thankful for this year.  The Lord has truly blessed our family by knowing each of you.

We have had a busy year mainly because of our girls.  They keep us on our toes.  We have been in our home a year and a half now.  We love living in American Fork.  We live in a great area and ward with great schools for the girls to attend.

Brooklyn is 7 and in second grade.  She loves school and riding the bus to and from each day.  She has excellent teachers!  They are so patient with her.  She is in a "Life Skills" class along with other special needs children.  She does really well there.  Brooklyn loves her sisters.  When asked at Thanksgiving time what she was thankful for she replied, "Maddie."  Brooklyn loves purses/bags, shoes, and paper.  She loves to wear her dresses to church on Sundays because they make her feel fancy.  This summer Brooklyn finally decided she was ready to be potty trained.  Hallelujah!  It did take some great incentives like new shoes and purses for this to happen.  But it was well worth it!

London is 5 and started Kindergarten.  She also loves school and is doing really well.  She is reading very well and is a budding mathematician (Steve is so proud).  Her favorite subject though is writing.  She enjoys a good story and her imagination provides that easily for her.  London is also very artistic.  She creates beautiful drawings of our family almost daily.  London has learned a few piano songs and enjoys playing and creating new songs and lyrics.  She is very curious about her world and is full of questions that get her parents thinking.  She says she "wants to know everything."  London is my best helper and buddy.  I don't know what I would do with out her.

Madison is 2 and is giving us a run for our money!  She speaks very well for a new 2 year old which can be good and bad.  Good when she can articulate her feelings like "mom I missed you."  Bad when she says her food is "yucky" and then gives a stiff lip.  Madison does whatever she sees her sisters do and enjoys playing with them.  Her favorite story is Cinderella.  She insists on reading it several times daily.  Maddie enjoys running errands with mom when the girls are at school.  When we get in the car she asks if we are going to Walmart or Costco.  She loves to jump out and surprise her sisters when they come home from school.  She is a fun and silly girl.

I am busy as can be trying to keep up with these girls and run our home.  I am the Beehive leader in our ward and currently have 14 girls in our class.  That is also pretty busy.  For most of the year (except the freezing winter) I have been running 3-4 times a week with a couple of friends.  We go early in the mornings and it's a great way to start the day.  Steve and I ran the American Fork Canyon Half Marathon in June for our 10 year anniversary.  I am the room mom for Brooklyn's class.  I enjoy being involved with her class and teachers.  I love my home and enjoy making it more us as we continue to settle in.  I also love my family.  I am one lucky lady!

Steve is enjoying life with a house full of girls!  He is such a great dad and husband.  He decided we needed more girls in the family and bought four hens back in March.  We had a rough go there for a bit, but now we have four healthy chickens laying eggs.  Steve has been busy with yard work this year.  He built grow boxes and planted a nice garden.  Steve serves as the cub scout master in our ward.  He really enjoys his work in marketing at Cirque Co. and works hard there.  Steve participated in a couple of sprint triathlons over the summer and really got into that scene.

May you find joy in Christ this Holiday Season.  We love you!

Love,
The Bakers

0 comments: