We moved into our townhome November of 2005. We were expecting Brooklyn a few months later, and we were so excited to own our first home and to make it ours for a few years. It was huge for us (almost 1,300 square feet). We planned to stay until Steve finished MBA school then venture off into the world for his big career. Well, that didn't quite go as planned...Brooklyn was born with special needs and stayed a couple months in the hospital, which ended up delaying MBA school for a year. This was the perfect place to live during graduate school. We had a low mortgage, and we were still able to live well. This was also a great area for Brooklyn to receive early interventions. Along came London as the first year of Steve's MBA was wrapping up. When London was seven weeks old we flew out to Arkansas for Steve's summer internship with FedEx Freight. Steve applied for several jobs as his schooling was coming to an end. We thought we would end up in the Dallas, Texas area as he pursued two great opportunities there. The Lord had something else in mind for us though, as two other great opportunities opened up for us here in Utah. We obviously decided to stay in Utah, and Steve chose a career that he loves and is very fulfilling to him. We still loved our townhome, the area, and especially our ward...so we stayed for six and a half years. And now we are moving. We found a great home just two miles away still in American Fork. We are so excited for this new opportunity and for more space (the townhome was getting smaller and smaller everyday as Madison joined our family in August). But we are also extremely sad to leave our first home, the home that we fixed up to be just like we wanted, the home we have brought all three of our girls home to after they were born, the home that we love. This is going to be an emotional move for us, as we will miss our ward friends dearly. It feels like the right time for our family though, and we hope and pray we will love our second home just as much. I went around and took pictures of our townhome so we will always remember this special place.
The family room...
These couches were our first ever brand new furniture purchase. My mom made all the valances when we first moved in. Steve hung all the curtain rods and painted the walls. He actually painted pretty much every wall in the whole house during our time here.
The kitchen...
I have loved my red walls, my fridge covered in pictures of our family, and all of the natural light.
The half bath... Steve created the white frame around the mirror, and replaced all the fixtures.
Brooklyn and London's room...
I had to have the spring green walls! This was originally London's room, and we moved Brooklyn in just before Madison was born. They have actually done well sharing a room. Brooklyn's bed is a mattress on the floor which is perfect for her, and London's bed is the day bed I had growing up.
I love the window coverings in both of the girl's rooms.
The nursery...
"B" for Brooklyn. We hadn't gotten around to redecorating since Maddie, and when we found our new house we decided there really wasn't a point to anymore. Poor Mads. We will make it up to her.
The bathroom...
This was our biggest upgrade in the whole house. We had tile laid on the floor and in the shower, and we got a new tub. Love this bathroom!
The Master Bedroom...
Farewell little house. We have loved living here.
2 months ago
6 comments:
Wow, that is epic. We remember the cozy feeling of your townhouse, and little stories like when you finished painting the nursery when Brooklyn arrived early. Best wishes in the new place!
You have made that into such a great home for your family. I'm so excited to see what you do with your next one. :)
I went to school with the girl who is going to be renting your townhome! :) She was asking on facebook of good places to live and I suggested driving around Northgate looking for "for rent" signs. I had no idea you were going to be moving!
I had the same day bed growing up. Loved it! I'm glad you documented this house. A great way to remember all of the good memories!
Wow, congratulations on your new home! How exciting is that?! You have a beautiful family! I love the hair on your littlest princess. She has about three times as much as my 21 month old...so cute! I'm am glad all is well with you guys!
good idea to document. Your bathroom is so different than ours. I like the tile and tub idea. We have been hunting for something new like that.
Also I noticed your bedroom closet doors are different than ours.
We are missing you guys!
Post a Comment