Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow Fun

We got out sledding on President's Day, taking advantage of a day off of school. It was a lot of work to get the car packed, drive out to Springville to get the sleds, drive up the canyon, get everyone in their snow clothes, and at last go sledding. And the girls were less than thrilled with the whole experience of the snow clothes and the sledding. But we did it anyway, and everyone lived. Steve and I laughed about completing our maybe five runs down the hill as we drove back home. It was a lot of work for such a short time of sledding, but we are glad we did it.
London was so funny in her big purple snow outfit. She really couldn't move well, but she sure was cute.
London falling over...can't quite keep her balance there.
Steve's brother, Dave, Rachel and Jesse joined in on the fun. Little Jesse actually enjoyed himself so they stayed a bit longer than us.
The Baker clan posing for a picture before we took off. On the left is Matt, another of Steve's brothers, and his fiance Marianne. They got engaged on Valentine's Day! It's so fun to have family around to get out and do things with. After sledding we went back to mom and dad's and Steve raided their fridge and cooked us up a great meal. It was a fun day!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't even remember the last time I went sledding! Looks like fun. And London looks absolutely adorable in her little suit.

Peery Family said...

You guys are such great parents! Your girls looked so cute in their snow clothes. I'm glad that Steve was able to take a day off to play. You guys deserve it!

McEwen Family said...

Isn't it funny that you can put so much effort into something and then wonder why at the end?? Well at least you did it, you tried it, now for the future you know the girls aren't all that into it. I remember the first time I took Andrew out in the snow, he was over it so fast. At least you had a family outing!